Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

youtube embed broken or did I just turn into a complete moron?

shawndoggy

Shawn, wish I knew. I struggle with this every time. Last time I did it, I went to YouTube, clicked share, copied the html or image code, can't recall which worked, went back to themalibucrew, hit the insert image icon, and pasted it in there. Seems like every time, I have to paste it about four different ways to find the one that works, but that is my computer illiteracy more than anything else.

Funny story, about 3 months ago, I really struggled with importing a video. Turns out that the YouTube url had the letters s and h, followed by the number 1, followed ty the letter t. The web site I was trying to paste it in thought I was trying to cuss, and changed it to sh*t. That made the link defective. There simply was no way to get it to paste. Crazy. Took me more than an hour to figure it out. :cry:

You used to be able to embed a youtube video by clicking the Special BBCode button, selecting media, then pasting the youtube url into the media url box. what happened?

now I just get this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AqcfzfCVUg&feature=share

Argh! What am I doing wrong? The world must see this humorous video!

Shawn,

Just post http://youtu.be/3AqcfzfCVUg.... in the body of the thread minus the periods.