Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

will my box fit.

mag3219

I have 2007 VRide 21 foot, I'm putting a sub under the helm. I ordered a ported box and got it in today, now I'm not sure if it will fit. The dimensions on the box are 20wx15hx15L it is 1.85 cu feet of air space. I was thinking about moving the kick panel. My boat is currently in the shop so no access to measure right now. Do you guys have any ideas or suggestions?

You'll have to move you kickoanel out at least 2 inches. Does you box have an angled side that will help clear the ventilation tube behind the kickpanel?

Check my boat house mod pics for how I installed my box in same boat. Mine was 16x14x13.5. A false floor will allow you to push the box back further

@Augie09. No my box does not have a angled side, it is a basic rectangle. I think the sub box I have is too big especially when I elevate the box off of the floor. I saw your boat house pics the other day and you did a great job.

Yup you got yourself one big box..its the depth of the box that is an issue. The space between the kick-pannel and the heater is shallow. I think the max depth you can work with is 9" or at least that is the measurement on my VTX.

is this a loaded box (includes the sub) or just an enclosure? If its an unloaded enclosure, does its volume and port tuning match the sub and amp you amp? I would hate to see someone go through a lot of effort to make a store bought sub box fit a designated space, then have it perform poorly due to a poor matching. If its a loaded enclosure, good luck, I hope you are able to make it work.

I decided to return the box and get a smaller sealed box. I just did not want to sacrifice all of the leg room under the helm. I really appreciate the replies and advice. Thanks guys.