Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

'99 Sunsetter tint, pics inside!

alxmlr789

Hey guys, I know there was a thread around here somewhere with tint pics, but I couldn't find them so I started my own. Went with 15% all around, although I wish i went with 5%. Oh well! I popped the windshield off and took it to the tinter. She gave me a heck of a deal for doing so.

Let me know what you guys think!

Before

4B6B113E-30EF-43BE-9613-7CE53B93F47C-959

After

7E2DB449-821D-4F73-ABDC-F8A9023639B4-314

3A136EC3-0320-40A7-B671-963A5B30D7DC-314

E8D12D50-A60D-4290-B454-791277A228B1-314

And here's one of my sunday....Sorry guys :/

45048E1D-EEFA-4DAC-9AD7-CE420ED863AC-314

Edited by alxmlr789
  • Like 2

Looks good, just a little to dark for my liking.

I have a question off topic for you, how do your like your MKT Tower? I was checking these out on there web. I need a tower that I can fold down towards the back as I don't have the garage clearance to fold onto the windshield.

Unfortunately the G3 tower which I prefer doesn't fold down towards the back.

Looks good, just a little to dark for my liking. I have a question off topic for you, how do your like your MKT Tower? I was checking these out on there web. I need a tower that I can fold down towards the back as I don't have the garage clearance to fold onto the windshield. Unfortunately the G3 tower which I prefer doesn't fold down towards the back.

I actually like it quite a bit. Rock solid and I like the looks of it as well. For the first few weeks, check the bolts and joints, they will need tightening but once it's all settled, its great. I've had it on since June, and we use the boat for really wakeboarding only, and go out at least twice a week. There has not been a single issue with it. No cracks, nothing. I actually have mine set up to where I can fold it inside the windshield rather than on top of it. it only increases the windshield height by maybe another foot.

Here's a pic:

D08BDAC3-15E4-4D7F-B2C0-AA2F8C1568B6-314

71B23B8E-1A27-4091-B4F5-7EE1ACF54BDB-314

how much was there to getting that windshield off. I gotta replace my dash speakers.

I would HIGHLY recommend taking the whole fram with it. on my passenger side, I took the glass out of the frame. What a pain in the butt. On the drivers side I took everything off including the frame, came off in ten minutes. Look at the picture above, you'll see some rubber in between the frame and the gelcoat, take that stripping off, and there are screws drilled into the fiberglass, holding the windshield frame to the boat. There should be 7-8 screws per side. There may be some nuts underneath the dash depending if those screws have been replaced or not, you'll obviously know when you try to get them out. Unscrew them all, and you're done.

Again, dont bother with taking the glass out of the frame, it is such a pain trying to reassemble the frame and the window properly. Elements do some wacky stuff to rubber over 10+ years! Let me know if you have any questions.

Hey that is a great idea!!! I just did mine and the tint guy hated me.. I had to take the windshield out to put in the new dash speakers so i figured what the hell might as well have the guy do it while the windshield was out. I went 5% all the way around. I hopefull will see next week when i get my dry suite back from being repaired..

IMG_20121222_172840_zpsb420e32f.jpg

Quote:

I actually like it quite a bit. Rock solid and I like the looks of it as well. For the first few weeks, check the bolts and joints, they will need tightening but once it's all settled, its great. I've had it on since June, and we use the boat for really wakeboarding only, and go out at least twice a week. There has not been a single issue with it. No cracks, nothing. I actually have mine set up to where I can fold it inside the windshield rather than on top of it. it only increases the windshield height by maybe another foot.

Reply:

Thanks for the info. In my case I want to mount the tower right behind the windshield as not to affect the ski ability of the response, and have the Boom extend out from between the two tower braces. We mainly Ski and Barefoot, a little wakeboarding and knee boarding would be tower use, and of course a Bimini is the big factor for me. I just dont have the extra foot clearance anyways. Nice weather!! Snowing here today.

Hey that is a great idea!!! I just did mine and the tint guy hated me.. I had to take the windshield out to put in the new dash speakers so i figured what the hell might as well have the guy do it while the windshield was out. I went 5% all the way around. I hopefull will see next week when i get my dry suite back from being repaired..

IMG_20121222_172840_zpsb420e32f.jpg

Nice Boat!, I definitely should have gone with 5% :/

Quote:

Reply:

Thanks for the info. In my case I want to mount the tower right behind the windshield as not to affect the ski ability of the response, and have the Boom extend out from between the two tower braces. We mainly Ski and Barefoot, a little wakeboarding and knee boarding would be tower use, and of course a Bimini is the big factor for me. I just dont have the extra foot clearance anyways. Nice weather!! Snowing here today.

Gotcha, theres a picture of a response on Monster's website with it mounted right behind the windshield and it looks great!

• Like 1

Yes I saw the Pic on Monsters web site. With all the research I’ve done this is what lead up to the MTK being one of my choices. I’m also looking at the Samson Blade Tower, not sure if it collapses backward. Heading out to the Vancouver Boat Show in Feb. hoping to get a good look at towers there.

Looks good, just a little to dark for my liking. I have a question off topic for you, how do your like your MKT Tower? I was checking these out on there web. I need a tower that I can fold down towards the back as I don't have the garage clearance to fold onto the windshield. Unfortunately the G3 tower which I prefer doesn't fold down towards the back.

Off topic again....how do you ski with that tower? Fom the looks of it you couldn't really pull out wide, the tower would be in the way

Off topic again....how do you ski with that tower? Fom the looks of it you couldn't really pull out wide, the tower would be in the way

I personally have no desire to ski or slalom, and I don't have any kids that are trying to learn. Wake only on this boat.

Absolutely love the boat. Course that's because I have the same one. I really like the looks of window tint but I worry about the safety factor such as seeing (or not seeing) something in the water and hitting it.