Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

MTK Tower

Dare2goBare

Has anyone installed a MKT tower on there RTXi?

http://shop.monstertower.com/p-149-mtk-universal-wakeboard-tower.aspx

Are there any issues? Does one need to put any support under the gunwale etc, as Monster Tower specifies addtional support may be needed. Is there clearance for the mounting hardware under the spotters side of the gunwale, as Malibu has a brace in place for extra support for use of a boom. I'm in need to mount the tower as far forward as possible to give maximum skiability for the ski rope length and have the ability to fold the tower to the back to give clearance for a 7 foot low garage opining.

Edit: Oops, maybe this should have been under, Modifications & Accessories for your 'Bu

Edited by Dare2goBare

Why wouldn't you use the factory option promo tower like the tour boats use? Looks tons better and doesn't interfere with short line.

post-12034-0-39569900-1357180613_thumb.j

It's the one I will try to retrofit when the time comes to add a tower for sure.

I looked at putting one on my boat, and really liked the styling, and the cost, but changed my mind. I was going to mount mine just behind the windshield for the same reasons. I was going to have the installer glass in some plates, just to be safe. We are skiers, but we still use the tower for starting out new skiers, the upward pull is a real advantage. It really looked cool also, and was going to make mounting a bimini, and a tower mounted mirror easy.

Folding backwards was the deal killer for me, I thought it would hinder me from being able to accomplish work on the boat in my garage.

Why wouldn't you use the factory option promo tower like the tour boats use? Looks tons better and doesn't interfere with short line.

txi tower.jpg

It's the one I will try to retrofit when the time comes to add a tower for sure.

Great minds think alike.

Folding backwards was the deal killer for me, I thought it would hinder me from being able to accomplish work on the boat in my garage.

I cannot access my motor in the back on the VLX since I placed mine to fold towards the rear. When folded, it hits right in the middle of my sundeck. I have to take the tower off completely to work on my motor when under the carport. Removal is not bad with two people but still a little inconvenient.

attachicon.giftxi tower.jpg

I had a look at this tower, it is nice but i don't want to have any tower posts in front of my vision. The Malibu G3 tower is great but doesn't fold

down toward the back of the boat. Delema! I need Clearance for my 7' garage door.

Thanks all for you input. Never thought of maintenance access while the tower is down towards the back. Great points to consider!

Please keep your idea’s coming.

Juergen. :footing:

attachicon.giftxi tower.jpg

I'm with JK.

Tower legs in front of your vision probably will not block all that much. Boards in the racks cause a lot more interference for me.

First off JK, JK13 Nice Boat!

When I was down in Seattle at the Seattle Boat Company, had a look at a Txi with this Tower, and I must be going blind as I walked into the tower twice while getting into the driver seat. So this was my other concern, height within the boat. All good points to consider.

factory promo looks awesome. the mtk tower looks like a Moomba IMO. your boat, your money, your opinion.

Yes this is what I strugle with as I truly wish to keep the TXi all Malibu. Mybe I should go with a FatPole from Skylon and

have a nice bimi built to attach only onto the windsheld, if thats possible.

Yes this is what I strugle with as I truly wish to keep the TXi all Malibu. Mybe I should go with a FatPole from Skylon and have a nice bimi built to attach only onto the windsheld, if thats possible.

Bimini storage is one of the best parts of a tower! They are also useful for someone standing on the dock to hold the boat in place for a short time.....hold on to the boat honey, while I run and grab some more drinks.

• Like 1

Yes this is what I strugle with as I truly wish to keep the TXi all Malibu. Mybe I should go with a FatPole from Skylon and

have a nice bimi built to attach only onto the windsheld, if thats possible.

What was the problem with the G3 again?

I’d like to keep the tower as far up near the windshield as possible and not interfere with the ski ability of the boat. "Short Line" My understanding is that the G3 tower only folds forward, so in this case it will rest on top of the windshield, I don’t have garage door clearance. 7’ door opening, so backward folding is the only option for me to get the boat into the garage. And as NCH2oSki mention in his reply, a tower is also a great place for the Bimini. Which is what I’m striving for? Going down to see my dealer tomorrow and will front some of these questions to him. May be the G3 can be modified to fold backwards??? Something Malibu might like to think about as an option for their Response series ski boat.

:innocent:

I’d like to keep the tower as far up near the windshield as possible and not interfere with the ski ability of the boat. "Short Line" My understanding is that the G3 tower only folds forward, so in this case it will rest on top of the windshield, I don’t have garage door clearance. 7’ door opening, so backward folding is the only option for me to get the boat into the garage. And as NCH2oSki mention in his reply, a tower is also a great place for the Bimini. Which is what I’m striving for? Going down to see my dealer tomorrow and will front some of these questions to him. May be the G3 can be modified to fold backwards??? Something Malibu might like to think about as an option for their Response series ski boat.

:innocent:

I gotcha, sorry. Thought a G3 would fold 7'

I am curious as to how close the g3 tower would be on interferring with with the rope while skiing.

Here is a link of a good shot with the G3 tower in relationship with the ski post.

http://www.saskatoonwatersports.com/BoatsImgs/255/1_1.jpg

Boat sure looks good with this tower!!!

Edited by Dare2goBare