Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

can't change password

tvano

catch22; can't change password.

top of new 'email password' form includes fields for:

• blank space for 'new email addy'.
  • completed 'confirm email addy' (default contains my current email addy)
  • and completed 'current pass'

lower part of new email password form includes blank fields for:

• current pass
  • new pass
  • confirm new pass

if the default / blank field for 'new email addy' is left blank then attempting to update password fails "you must complete the entire form".

if 'new email addy' is completed by user (is equal to 'confirm email addy') then update password fails. error is "user exists".

so how do i update password?

tvano, I've been meaning to change my password for awhile. Went to the screen you mentioned and didn't enter anything in the upper portion dealing with the email address. All I did was go to the lower section and enter my old password and new password twice. Clicked Save Changes. I logged out and logged back in fine with my new password.

tvano, I've been meaning to change my password for awhile. Went to the screen you mentioned and didn't enter anything in the upper portion dealing with the email address. All I did was go to the lower section and enter my old password and new password twice. Clicked Save Changes. I logged out and logged back in fine with my new password.

that's exactly what i did on my first (and second) attempt.

then tried populating that email text box for third and fourth attempts.

i'll try it again; it has to be the operator.

not an operator problem.

completed ONLY the old, new and confirm password fields.

same failure "must complete entire form".

let's not get too frisky too fast; i'll retry (when i remember) after cycling power on the laptop.

auto-fill options in chrome was biting me.

cycled power on the laptop, tried a new browser and was successful in changing pass BUT firefox did not autofil any of the top of the form.

moved back to chrome and forced the top of form blank (auto-fill was partially filling user and pass) and had a good result.

thanks for the assist.