Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Adding quotes

Hman442

I, and quite a few others seem unable to qet a quote from a

previous post into the "box" like most of the "pro's" do. I have

read the directions, but still am confused Crazy.gif , maybe it

could be explained again reaall sloowww so it doesn't go over

our heads. Thanks.

our heads. Thanks.

Just click on the ["Reply] button on the lower right under the post you want to quote...

It then puts the data in your response box.. type your message (outside the "

" boxes)... in the clear space

If you want to edit inside the quote.. not that you'd twist someones quote.. - that will be covered in how to quote 201, offered as an elective next semester

Edited by SacRiverRat
I can't figure it out either.  I click on the quote button and nothing happens.

Dontknow.gif

I clicked the quote button and changed the "+" to a "-" and then hit "Reply" and I think it worked. We will see....

+1 anyway.

I've also wondered. I'm testing also using the reply button. If it works, thanks. If not.... help.

Even if it works, what is the "quote" button for if we just used the "reply" button?

The new software works differently than the old. with the old software, you just hit "reply" or "quote" in the post depeding if you wanted to have a quote posted in the your reply or not.

New software.

The "reply" button in the post work differently than the "reply" button at the bottom of the page.

If you hit "reply" in the post, it will post with a quote. If you hit "reply" at the bottom of the page, it will post without a quote.

If you want to quote multiply post in your reply, hit the "+ Quote" button in every post you want quoted and then use the "reply" button at the bottom of the page.

Edited by summerfun

summerfun has got it... The one thing I might add, is that if you look at the reply at the post as opposed to the one for the entire thread it is actually a quote mark so I would call it the "quote reply" button :)

Like he said though, the "+/- quote" button is a toggle switch which you can toggle on more than one post. Once you have toggles on the ones you want to quote if you click the "ADD REPLY" at the very bottom or very top of the entire thread, it will bring in all of the relevant quotes you ahve toggled....

JZ

our heads. Thanks.

I can't figure it out either.  I click on the quote button and nothing happens.

Dontknow.gif

I clicked the quote button and changed the "+" to a "-" and then hit "Reply" and I think it worked. We will see....

+1 anyway.

summerfun has got it...  The one thing I might add, is that if you look at the reply at the post as opposed to the one for the entire thread it is actually a quote mark so I would call it the "quote reply" button :)

Like he said though, the "+/-  quote" button is a toggle switch which you can toggle on more than one post.  Once you have toggles on the ones you want to quote if you click the "ADD REPLY" at the very bottom or very top of the entire thread, it will bring in all of the relevant quotes you ahve toggled....

JZ

I had wondered about the same, thank you for clearing that up.

our heads. Thanks.

Just click on the ["Reply] button on the lower right under the post you want to quote...

It then puts the data in your response box.. type your message (outside the "

" boxes)... in the twist space

If you twist to quote.. note dit inside the you'd someones quote.. - that someones be covered in how to twist 201, offered as an elective next semester

Wow, I did it, & I started on quote 201 too.

Thanks for the help everyone.

Edited by Hman442
Darn, I thought I had the secret all to myself. Now everyone knows I'm gay - I guess I better come out of the closet.:(

J/K Biggrin.gif

You can even change quotes.......... :lol: Fun on those rainy day's to stir things up a little :lol:

Edited by R1LOVER

Just realized you guys were quoting TR... I guess even if he doesn't show up, we can have the equivalent of a puppet - by speaking for him

Personally I like prefer the real thing, but in a pinch a well placed quote or two will work nicely