Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Is this the one for me?

Levi900RR

I say keep in touch with them. maybe it'll fall through on the buyers end. if I would of seen this sooner and knew it was at tnt I would of sent my buddy who lives five minutes from there. he works at home doing resumes and has a lot of free time.

Yep....that's a Creak-a-Saurous Rex tower. :lol:

Man, finding all my must have's is proving to be difficult. I'm still holding out for mainekneeboarder's. That thing literally has everything on my wish list. I guess except for the fact that its not for sale :lol:

Man, finding all my must have's is proving to be difficult. I'm still holding out for mainekneeboarder's. That thing literally has everything on my wish list. I guess except for the fact that its not for sale :lol:

Doh! That's a big one!

Just be patient! My buddy bought my current Echelon in 2003. The day he brought it home he started second guessing himself. I was in his driveway leaning over the gunnel and said "Dude, I will buy this from you right now. You tell me when you are ready to sell it". Bugged him once a year, every year. Then he called me in December in 2008..."Hey, you still want my boat? I'm buying a 23LSV". Done deal.

Yep....that's a Creak-a-Saurous Rex tower. :lol:

I have a Monster Tower, and I'm certainly not saying it's awesome or anything, but mine works pretty well. I keep to various joints tight and it stays that way long enogh. I prefer the Titan I that I had on my last boat when up, but the Monster Tower is better when collapsed.... Just sayin'

Wow, i just read 7 pages of this thread to find out that you didnt get the boat! I feel like someone just punched me in the gentleman's sausage :yuk:

Edited by JIMJOM

oooohhhhhhh, now that I'm looking at the side pic maybe it is a diamond hull...

AND, it is on e-bay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2001-Malibu-Sunsetter-VLX-LOADED-with-OPTIONS-and-ACCESSORIES-/290781780434?pt=Power_Motorboats&hash=item43b3f1d9d2

Looks like diamond to me.

Edited by Levi900RR

It has perfect pass what else can you ask for. Nice boat. You can do it. You can do it allllll nightttttt longggggg.

I'm not sure why everyone is questioning whether that is a Diamond or Wake hull. There is no good picture of the hull to determine either way, but since it is listed as an 01 Sunsetter, one could assume it is one and therefore has to be a diamond hull.

Sunsetters...even heavily optioned ones, were ordered without a Wedge. The original owner of our boat ordered it without the tower or wedge, though soon after had a factory tower and wedge installed by the dealer.

That boat will NEED a wedge. SV23 diamond just needs the wedge to get a nice wake shape boarding or good push surfing - it's just how it is. You can find a used manual one w/ bracket for the $500-700 range. Or better yet, get a floating wedge and bracket - will set you back about $1200 new.

Things I have questions about on that boat:

- Stereo system. By looking at the towers + no details on the components, I am guessing a bunch of cheap stuff throughout

- Which motor? It's not an LS1 for sure just looking at the interior. But could be a number of different motors in 2001.

- Close up and clear shots of any nice, dings, etc.

- Pics of this battery setup. 3 batteries is overkill on that boat, so I'm wondering how it was wired.

- Real details on the ballast system. Bags - both size and brand, type of pump system and how it is plumbed. I see a thru-hull near the driver; two on the rear starboard side and one near the rear port side.

Otherwise, looks pretty clean. I'm liking the cover on it, not a fan of the trailer. It has Perfect Pass, but to update it to a current Stargazer setup you are looking at $600-700, where a whole new Stargazer system is $1100. Things to think about.