Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Is this the one for me?

Levi900RR

WOW sorry man about your luck it will all work out. Never know maybe if you would have picked it up you would have had a wreck now you make it safe and hopefully get the boat in the end.

Well, if you're still first in line it gives you that much more time to find a better option! we will Continue to search and when they get it resolved, You will either have a better option or this one will be delivered.

Bummer. There are always concerns with a boat with REALLY low hours. Maybe you can get a 3rd party to inspect the boat for you? It could be a great opportunity to renegotiate as well. Good luck either way.

Edited by Bu hoo

That 02 VLX looks promising and has almost everything that Levi wants. 400 hrs is a good amount of usage for a 10yr old boat. Not over used but enough to keep things running annually

Sorry Levi. Did the guy seem totally shocked? Did he say anything like he had it running fine recently? I hope he's got someone working on it right this second. If he is, he should be documenting it with pic's, receipts, everything then reduce the price dramatically, then drive it up to you.

If not, you'll find something even better soon I'm sure !

Steve B.

Thanks guys... It was a real bummer of 2 days. Away from the family, 1230 miles on my truck $450 in fuel 1 night at a Marriott and as of now for nothing.

They were pretty surprised. They said (and I totally believe them) that they ran it the day before for 40 mins and it ran perfect. One thing that I'll say is it had less than an 8th of a tank of fuel and it was last years gas. I am guessing something in the fuel system is dirty or a messed up fuel pump. It ran perfect for about 10 mins and then started acting like it was running out of fuel. They did offer to knock a little more off the price for me to take it as is but not enough for me to take the risk. As I left it, they have my deposit and as long as they can fix it quickly without putting a ton of money into it they are going to bring it up to VT. I am assuming that isn't going to happen as it would cost them about $1000 and they said they have deposits from 2 other people in-case my deal fell through. I am going to think positive and hope they do the right thing for now. I will tell you that my radius for boats has just been cut in half. I am not taking that chance again. There are just too many things that can go wrong. I need to keep my search within a days drive.

Bummer man.

$20 says a fresh tank of gas, a new fuel filter and she's running like a top again. I hope they pull through for you. That's on them.

I agree with you. The more I think about it the more I should have just taken it home... They offered me the boat for 1000 less than we had previously agreed on but I just couldn't take the chance. I would have been in big trouble if I got it home and something was seriously wrong with the fuel injection or electrical systems.

The other thing I forgot to mention was the speedo was messed up. The paddle wheel had hit something on the water test the day before and broke one of the little cups off. I called my local dealer from down there and they said the housing and everything was around 180 bucks.

I just have to hope they do the right thing and at least put some sort of effort into getting the boat fixed and up to me. I didn't mention this to them but I would be willing to pay a portion of the delivery costs to get it up here. The boat was really nice. Of course this was the first Malibu V drive I had EVER been in.

Meh, don't second guess it. I know it is a huge bummer to drive home from a trip like that, but you let your instincts be your guide at the time, and clearly there was something that said "not the right one," even at the discounted price.

Same thing happened to me on a similar length trip, but the issues were less dire than yours. And I walked and then the right boat showed up two weeks later 150 miles away. It's all part of the adventure, man.

.... And yet... one does wonder what a can of seafoam, a fresh tank of gas, and a new fuel filter would've done.

• Like 2

Seafoam is a great product...but with that said....Starbrite's Startron has been a TRUE MIRACLE product for bad gas for us....Don't leave home without it!

• Like 2

Another question for everyone. When it WAS running good there was a sound coming from the engine that was unfamiliar . The only thing I can describe it as is it sounded like a supercharger. That whir that a supercharger sounds like. It was only at about maybe 3000-3500 RPM's

Anyone know if that is normal?

PS. both of those boats posted above look nice but they are WAY too far from me.

Edited by Levi900RR
martinarcher

I've heard that in every V-drive Bu I've ridden on. It perks your ears up as a "new" sound sound your used to a DD. I wasn't sure if it's the v-drive unit itself, or the throttle body/intake facing the seating area and making a kinda cool sounds as it passes 3k.

If you really want that boat, call them. If you wait til they call you, you will come across as uninterested and they'll move to the next in line. In fact, that's probably what they'll do anyway if delivery to you or part way would be in your deal. They won't want that hassle, even though it is the Ithat thing to do. Stay in the front of the line.

I've called them, and plan on calling them everyday this week. At least partial delivery would have to become part of the deal. I agree with you, they have no incentive to do anything for me but I am hoping they do the right thing. Either way I am still looking...

• Like 1

I can not say this enough or LOUD enough or in BOLD print enough....

STARTRON!!!!!

Put a racor filter on it with a clear bottom to see what is going on, add your seafoam if you want,,,,but DUMP STARTRON IN THE TANK!

AFTERWARDS...Remove the Racor clear bottom filter after the problem goes away since the filter may be BELOW the water line and Bilge....otherwise I dont believe it is Coast Guard Approved...

I can not say this enough or LOUD enough or in BOLD print enough....

STARTRON!!!!!

Put a racor filter on it with a clear bottom to see what is going on, add your seafoam if you want,,,,but DUMP STARTRON IN THE TANK!

AFTERWARDS...Remove the Racor clear bottom filter after the problem goes away since the filter may be BELOW the water line and Bilge....otherwise I dont believe it is Coast Guard Approved...

Mr Foot, If it was at my house I would be all over the Startron. Unfortunately the thing is 11 hours from here and I can only call daily and check in on how they are doing... Last I heard (yesterday) they wanted to test the fuel pressure and needed a different fitting for their fuel pressure gauge.