Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Is this the one for me?

Levi900RR

A VLX with a swing out tounge will fit in a 24' garage (might have to pull the swim platform and lower the wedge, but not that big of a deal). 23' has zero chance of fitting.

The 03 and older 23s are really 22.5s if it matters.

Too early in the season. Most of what you are seeing is stuff that was posted over the winter...and what is left is what no one wanted because they are overpriced, especially for the season. With the crappy winter we had (especially in comparison to last year) it's hard for people to be motivated to list their boats.

Wait another month and the selection should be much better.

Too early in the season. Most of what you are seeing is stuff that was posted over the winter...and what is left is what no one wanted because they are overpriced, especially for the season. With the crappy winter we had (especially in comparison to last year) it's hard for people to be motivated to list their boats.

CRAPPY WINTER?!?

...I thought it was AWESOME....Snow Skied EVERY weekend since Christmas....Last Saturday was the end though.....

NOW it is time to BRING ON SPRING!!!!

We had really hoped to be able to Snow Ski in the morning and Barefoot Ski in the afternoon on the same day.......

The snow cooperated, but the river water didn't...haha

Gonna have to perform this bucket list someday

Think I should wait even if this one ends up being available?

http://www.candlewoodeast.com/Page.aspx/diid/7356025/list/InventoryList/pageId/48713/view/Details/2001-Malibu-Sunsetter-VLX.aspx

In a perfect world I want to end up with an 01-02 Wakesetter VLX, Titan tower, some sort of speed control, racks and ballast. Wedge is bonus, Stereo is bonus. I don't mind switching towers and adding ballast but the price has to reflect that. Low hours is a wish as well. That SSVLX in CT has 336 hours.

I really want to keep the budget at 20K but would go to like 22 for the perfect boat.

Levi, That is my boat. I love that boat. I have the wake hull that is the only difference. I bought mine for 22K with 103 hours. This is the best boat I have ever owned. It gives me more room than I need for the crew that goes out. The wake is awesome. It is comfy. I can't say enough good things. Not telling you whether you should or not, but I wanted to let you know what kind of deal it is I guess.

The trailer scares me and that tower.......

There is definitely room for improvement with the trailer. My came with a boatmate underneath it. What is wrong with the tower? I don't think there is anything wrong with the Titan tower.

I wouldn't describe that as the perfect boat for you--so no reason to go up to 22 on that one.

Deven hit it on the head: trailer and tower are not ideal. Also the vinyl on the rear hatch covers? Motor pics? Get some better pics of that or wait to see it in person. The rest of the boat looks to be in good shape in pictures, but you never know until you see it.

wakedncsu, that's a Monster Tower not a Titan.

Edited by jk13

Think I should wait even if this one ends up being available?

http://www.candlewoodeast.com/Page.aspx/diid/7356025/list/InventoryList/pageId/48713/view/Details/2001-Malibu-Sunsetter-VLX.aspx

In a perfect world I want to end up with an 01-02 Wakesetter VLX, Titan tower, some sort of speed control, racks and ballast. Wedge is bonus, Stereo is bonus. I don't mind switching towers and adding ballast but the price has to reflect that. Low hours is a wish as well. That SSVLX in CT has 336 hours.

I really want to keep the budget at 20K but would go to like 22 for the perfect boat.

I like the boat You can always say I'll give you $20K but the trailer for me would be the game changer I like to travel so I need a tandem trailer but if it was only a mile back and forth.

Holy cow, there must have been a rebound in the used market because people are looking for mid to high 30s for early 2000s vlx's now? Sheesh!

Have you seen this one?

http://www.popyachts.com/Page/Site-Listing/20465/Page.html?Registered

LOL - that boat is beat to crap and back and they think asking 20.5k is appropriate. It would take thousands in parts just to get that back to a non-embarrassing level.

LOL - that boat is beat to crap and back and they think asking 20.5k is appropriate. It would take thousands in parts just to get that back to a non-embarrassing level.

Agreed... I looked that thing over. I would give them 15K for it. :lol:

I am in a mild freak mode... I want a boat now, I usually take a week off in April and get the boat / lift all ready so I don't want to mess up that tradition. There really is NOTHING out there right now.