Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Is this the one for me?

Levi900RR

You guys think I'd be happy with a diamond hull? I'm so on the fence with that. I'm a novice wakeboarder at best and I can't imagine I'm really going to be missing anything...

No you won't notice a difference. And you'll still be able to ski with a decent wake. That 01 VLX is a great all around boat.

That is good to know Rugger.

I'm kind of bummed I missed that SSVLX in CT but I think it made me realize that in the northeast I'm going to have to pounce on one of these if I find a good one.

At least now I'm ready.

I would have passed on that SS VLX unless they were willing to wheel and deal a lot. That trailer looked awful and the color scheme was pretty dated.

I have a feeling that '05 never sold or has some other things to think about on it. 26k is way under market for that boat. Even if you paid a shop $4000 to get it straightened out (and I doubt it would be nearly that much) you would be way ahead of the game having a big block 23' LSV for 30k invested.

I would have passed on that SS VLX unless they were willing to wheel and deal a lot. That trailer looked awful and the color scheme was pretty dated.

I have a feeling that '05 never sold or has some other things to think about on it. 26k is way under market for that boat. Even if you paid a shop $4000 to get it straightened out (and I doubt it would be nearly that much) you would be way ahead of the game having a big block 23' LSV for 30k invested.

Yeah, if 30K was in my price range I guess I would have considered it. That being said if 30K was in my price range I probably would have found a VLX by now...

I noticed the trailer looking pretty rough, I wasn't that worried about that as 90% of the time my boats are on the lift. Funny about the colors I was thinking they were more "classic" than dated... Did I really just say that? Man, I think I may officially be getting old.

• Like 2

I noticed the trailer looking pretty rough, I wasn't that worried about that as 90% of the time my boats are on the lift. Funny about the colors I was thinking they were more "classic" than dated... Did I really just say that? Man, I think I may officially be getting old.

Whether you need the trailer or not, you have to remember where the value is. If it has a crap trailer, the boat is worth less. Dated colors also hurt resale values. Classic colors are timeless and stand the resale test of time better. I'd say your Euro has more classic colors than that SS (the pink/light blue stripes aren't, but the rest are). That will make it a lot easier to sell than something that looks like it is straight out of the 80's.

I'd say your Euro has more classic colors than that SS (the pink/light blue stripes aren't, but the rest are). That will make it a lot easier to sell than something that looks like it is straight out of the 80's.

My Euro is bad A :biggrin:

Now that I'm looking at that SS again maybe its more purple that I first though...

• 2 weeks later...

http://boats.iboats.com/malibu/1260255.html

Calling them to find out hours this morning... Anyone know this boat?

EDIT: Scratch that, its already sold...

That sucks, the interior looks to be in incredible shape. Mine is not that nice. But then again the pics made mine look immacualte & it was in good shape no tears or anything but white is hard to keep white.

Did you already know about it?

Oh dude, I thought you knew! That is Mainekneeboarders boat. I've been trying to get him to sell it to me all winter. He decided to keep it!

That boat is EXACTILY what I want.

I contacted him in Dec of last year I think. He said if a real nice 07-08 VLX fell into his lap he might consider upgrading. His VLX really would be prefect for me. I'm still working on that 01 in CT though, if that one doesn't come through I'll just keep waiting till something pops up. I've heard stories of people looking for the perfect boat for years. This next boat I buy is going to be something I want to keep for a LONG time so it needs to be right.