Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Is this the one for me?

Levi900RR

Phone gps sucked for me... Installed stargazer two weeks after buying the boat and was amazed. Granted it is pricey but well worth it. Clean the garage out and look for things to Craigslist or tmc classifies and make the purchase a wash. That way your not too far over budget but you can still enjoy the boat like you should be doing at this point!!

Phone gps sucked for me... Installed stargazer two weeks after buying the boat and was amazed. Granted it is pricey but well worth it. Clean the garage out and look for things to Craigslist or tmc classifies and make the purchase a wash. That way your not too far over budget but you can still enjoy the boat like you should be doing at this point!!

I would agree about Cruise Control...if you are surfing, wakeboarding, or skiing.....It is a MUST....on our V-drive we have it.. and could not imagine NOT having it..

on the direct drive that I use for footing....holding 39, 40 and 41 is no biggie since there is very little pull to change the speed...so on that boat, I just use the hand help gps as an accurate speedo...

martinarcher

Yup, it took them 3 versions to get it right. (Not that the first 2 were bad, but how they came together at the top was a bit wonky. Especially v1.)

V1 is what I started with one mine. Let's just say it's an "martin-v3" now. :lol:

• Like 1

V1 is what I started with one mine. Let's just say it's an "martin-v3" now. :lol:

I thought I remembered you showing us pics of your T3 & the mount looked more like the one on my T2 (two flat plates held together by a big thumbscrew). But I struck out find any pics of it. And the only one pic I did find definitely didn't look like other mounts I've seen.

Levi definitely go with the GPS system! From personal experience it only takes one gust of wind at an inopportune moment when going into the trailer or onto a lift to end another paddlewheel

martinarcher

I thought I remembered you showing us pics of your T3 & the mount looked more like the one on my T2 (two flat plates held together by a big thumbscrew). But I struck out find any pics of it. And the only one pic I did find definitely didn't look like other mounts I've seen.

Yep....started here.

Yup, it took them 3 versions to get it right. (Not that the first 2 were bad, but how they came together at the top was a bit wonky. Especially v1.)

So I have two stainless lugs (lack of a better term) and two plastic/ rubber coated knobs that thread in with a little spring loaded release on the top. V3?

There's a countdown mod for IP Board that we could install & place on the homepage in big bold red letters saying "COUNTDOWN TO LEVI's DELIVERY". :lol:

I mean, if you're ever going to use it, that would be the time right? I say do it!

Levi, can we get live feed and a dash cam?

• Like 2

So, what's the date, time and route when this will be towed through Massachusetts?? I'm wondering what overpass to stand on waving the banner... :werule: (wow, 800 posts.)

That is funny! I'll try to give updates when its enroute.

I'm still waiting for the route; There's webcams and traffic cams everywhere. We can track the progress from the comfort of our office chairs!

So the plan is...

My buddy is doing the water test and picking it up Friday at 9AM. He is bringing it up I95 to Mass Friday to his GF's house (Not sure where in MA) Sat AM he's headed to VT. I'm expecting it after lunch. I'll be sure to post a ton of pics at some point this weekend.

Its going to be a fun weekend. Running my buddies JD 3320 all morning for beach clean up day, then sitting in the new BU drinking beer in the afternoon.

I was flashing on the Space Shuttle's trip to its final home while reading that. They didn't have to cut any trees down for you did they? :lol:

I was flashing on the Space Shuttle's trip to its final home while reading that. They didn't have to cut any trees down for you did they? :lol:

Not yet... at this point I feel like anything could happen.

So the plan is...

My buddy is doing the water test and picking it up Friday at 9AM. He is bringing it up I95 to Mass Friday to his GF's house (Not sure where in MA) Sat AM he's headed to VT. I'm expecting it after lunch. I'll be sure to post a ton of pics at some point this weekend.

Its going to be a fun weekend. Running my buddies JD 3320 all morning for beach clean up day, then sitting in the new BU drinking beer in the afternoon.

Levi....

so let me get this straight...your buddy is stopping at his GF's house 1st with your boat....what kind of buddy is he....is he (THEY) going to CHRISTEN' your boat before you get the chance?

Just have to ask....LOL :whistle: