Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Is this the one for me?

Levi900RR

Removing bottom paint is almost impossible. It's about as easy as wiping the painted line off a asphalt road. It HAS sat in the water and it may or may not be covering up blisters. Either way, there are other boats available without creating extra work. RE SALE would be very difficult.

That all depends on WHAT TYPE of bottom paint it is....some bottom paints are very easy to remove, others (the hard coat finish type) are indeed harder to remove...

But I do agree with you about resale value and also on limiting the amount of potential buyers you would have when it comes time to sell...

It would truly be a deal breaker for me...

But I was just stating my original opinion because not ALL BOATS that are painted are hiding problems as one of the posters insinuated...

Good for you!

Can somebody point out which page I have to go to in order to see the actual boat that's coming home?

Pics are on page 28 :lol:

Sweet! Welcome to the '01 -'04 Sunscape LSV club. I nominate you as the President and Supreme Ruler. I just finished my ballast install this weekend. Let me know when you start that and we'll try to keep it under 35 pages!

Dude that is awesome!!! How good does it feel? I imagine there was a huge sigh of relief. I can't wait to see better pics of the boat once she is all cleaned up. What is your first project?

I am TOTALLY relieved. I was starting to sweat it. All the other boats popping up around me were either out of my price range or had some sort of negitive associated with them. I am so pumped to get that thing home.

Number one priority is a tower and board racks. Im going to run my current bags manually for this season to really dial in where I want the weight. Planning on plumbing it in next year. I will be setting up some sort of Surf Gate like MA's and Ruggers.Then the speed control will come. Those are my first 4 big projects.

Other plans:

Stereo (nothing crazy)

Evolution cover

Bimini

LED's (interior and underwater)

Perko Flush pro

Some sort of badging. (If someone could post some pics of the stock decals on this era LSV that would rule)

Oh yeah - USE THE CRAP OUT OF IT!!!! I am so ready for the season to start!

• Like 1

Congrats, Now find one for me! 2002-2004 21 lsv comparable to Levi's. Mid 20's, prefer tower, but can add one. I missed out on a nice 02 in Dallas by a couple of hours for 23k. Also, would consider a 2002-2003 23' LSV as well if had tower, ballast and under 30k.

Edited by Brodie

Dont change the sig, but maybe add to it. And I have some Titan Dual Wakeboard racks that I just took off my T1. PM me and I will send them to you for the cost of shipping. We'll call it a "boat warming" gift. If you're interested.

Edited by wakedncsu
  • Like 3

Dont change the sig, but maybe add to it. And I have some Titan Dual Wakeboard racks that I just took off my T1. PM me and I will send them to you for the cost of shipping. We'll call it a "boat warming" gift. If you're interested.

DUDE! You're kidding! that would be so awesome. Sending you a PM now.

I am TOTALLY relieved. I was starting to sweat it. All the other boats popping up around me were either out of my price range or had some sort of negitive associated with them. I am so pumped to get that thing home.

Number one priority is a tower and board racks. Im going to run my current bags manually for this season to really dial in where I want the weight. Planning on plumbing it in next year. I will be setting up some sort of Surf Gate like MA's and Ruggers.Then the speed control will come. Those are my first 4 big projects.

Other plans:

Stereo (nothing crazy)

Evolution cover

Bimini

LED's (interior and underwater)

Perko Flush pro

Some sort of badging. (If someone could post some pics of the stock decals on this era LSV that would rule)

Oh yeah - USE THE CRAP OUT OF IT!!!! I am so ready for the season to start!

Stock decals on this one.

http://www.themalibucrew.com/forums/index.php?/topic/40082-is-this-the-one-for-me/?p=597629

Whew. Now, kind of a reverse thing. Just as you posted your old boat leaving your place. I think it would be great karma if you could video the new one coming into your driveway :) Wont be a dry eye in the place.

Early congrats !

Steve B.

Whew. Now, kind of a reverse thing. Just as you posted your old boat leaving your place. I think it would be great karma if you could video the new one coming into your driveway :) Wont be a dry eye in the place.

Early congrats !

Steve B.

I completely support this idea. and then you can animate the two into a gif and make that your avatar

I completely support this idea. and then you can animate the two into a gif and make that your avatar

HAHAHAHAHHA. Done

EDIT: I'm thinking I take the same pic of the LSV from the side, and have the two images fade back a forth...

This could be my new #1 priority. :lol:

Edited by Levi900RR
  • Like 1

I would imagine it would be really difficult but if you have footage on the water of your old boat and tried to replicate it with your new boa and made that old-in new-out a gif that would be awesome. I;m probably dreaming here though.

Congrats Levi!! I'm much more excited to see the transformation.

Good call. for sure going to get the Malibu logo's near the back. Not sure I love the Sunscape or the 21 LSV decals...

If it were me, I'd get the Sunscape decal and put it where the Malibu decal is on this one.

sia22859img0.jpg

Then I'd get a black drip-molded Malibu decal with the silver outline and put it on the side of the hull. Would look kinda like this only without the awful hull paint.

198559_0_081020080944_0.jpg

Edited by UWSkier