Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Is this the one for me?

Levi900RR

Yeah man, I need to stay patient and let that 03 come to me... I was just saying. Next year when I get that thing out of storage I'm not gonna care that I missed any time this year. It is worth the wait.

Heard anything yet from the dealer? It's tuesday already. You'd think they would get on it since you are paying them to do a full inspection.

Yeah man, I need to stay patient and let that 03 come to me... I was just saying. Next year when I get that thing out of storage I'm not gonna care that I missed any time this year. It is worth the wait.

And when you put the tower, ballast, stereo, and what ever else in it that YOU want, you will never look at it and say "I wish I had ------- tower, or I wish that ---- was different". Thats one of the things I like about that 03, its a nice boat and all the stuff that is added normally after, isn't there and you can do YOUR way. But my word, do they want to sell it or what? Its almost like they are hoping you will back out so they can sell it without the discount they promised you?

Yeah, I talked to them today. Same story. I told them I was willing to wait until it was ready. I want that boat.

That 03 at Gull Lake looks nice... 350 more hours, and $5G's more

Now I see the huge split in the seat....nevermind!

Saw that too, are we sure is not a reflection. I could see having that effect off the chrome "wakesetter" emblem near the cupholders.

Two things just happened...

1) I just called LOTW marine to check in. As usual, no status, no call to the lake anna dealer, no call from the lake anna dealer.

2) THIS, just popped up in Maine.

http://maine.craigslist.org/boa/3777591323.html

I emailed and asked for a call back ASAP. This thing could be a spoiler. I really like that 03 but I am starting to feel like its never going to happen.I just dont feel like they WANT to make the deal happen...

If that 01 is in nice shape I may have to go get it.

Edited by Levi900RR

For some reason I feel like the '01 Wakesetter VLX didn't come with a wedge. That and I've never been as big a fan of the WS gelcoat schemes from that era as I am of the Sunsetter/Sunscape/Response, etc.

But it could be leverage!

Yes, I believe you're right. The 01 WS VLX didn't come with a wedge. I don't like the 01 WS graphics but the gelcoat is fine. Its just a black stripe. I'd pull the WakeSetter logo's and run it naked with a Malibu decal on the rear.

Yeah, even my 02 does not have a wedge and with the right setup can still produce a good surf wake. Mine does not even have the bracket and it is just too much $$ to install it.

If nothing else I would look at it and then call the other guys and see if it motivates them a little. If not, I love my 01.