Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Is this the one for me?

Levi900RR

Levi said he found the add again last week and I thought It had expired (they emailed me saying it had) I couldn't find it when I looked last week, How are you guys searching. I did go into my account and it says expired?? I'll go look today again and see what i'm doing wrong.

When did he list it? When did he decide to keep it?

Listed in April/may 2011, Lets just say my son started a family a little earlier then hoped for, about a month after listing the boat, so we decided not to spend the money for a new boat!! Good decision looking back now, he has only had time to get out with us once last summer, maybe twice the summer before.

I had to remove the ad completely from my account, I left the add in my account just incase we came across an 05-08 we couldn't pass up I would just relist ours without having to redo the whole ad, I just assumed if it was expired Onlyinboards removed it from there site. Actually listed in 2010, amazing how time flys the older you get!

Or sell it to me :Tease3:

Beleave me, if the rite boat came along you'd be the first person I called. I would love to have a newer one but it would have the be the rite boat at a great price, our season hours have come down alot, crew has shrunk, and we mostly just cruise now :(.

I hear ya man, just teasing... I wouldn't want you to make a move that didn't make sense for your fam. I know if something happens you'll let me know.

Oh I know you are, just remember when you are in the Sebago area we usually need a third when we are there ;)

I had to remove the ad completely from my account, I left the add in my account just incase we came across an 05-08 we couldn't pass up I would just relist ours without having to redo the whole ad, I just assumed if it was expired Onlyinboards removed it from there site. Actually listed in 2010, amazing how time flys the older you get!

Beleave me, if the rite boat came along you'd be the first person I called. I would love to have a newer one but it would have the be the rite boat at a great price, our season hours have come down alot, crew has shrunk, and we mostly just cruise now :(.

Maybe you should just swap boats?? Meet me (half way in NH) and I'll give you a hand with the exchange... :)

I thought I'd check back in on this thread. Seeing how it is 14 pages long now, I was hoping to see pics of Levi's new boat. I guess the search is still on though :) . I wish I was in a position to upgrade as I'd sell you my VLX. If you're still looking in a few years, maybe we can work out deal then :lol: . Good luck with the search. I know it is tough, but you'll be pumped once you do find the right one (and you'll be happy you waited).

• 2 weeks later...

http://nwct.craigslist.org/boa/3544969984.html

Thoughts?

Should I be looking at these 23's?

Need to budget another $2-3K for plumbed ballast and perfect pass.

Not quite the "money" wake of the similar vintage vlx IMHO... the 23s only had a diamond hull till 04. Probably would surf better than a vlx though (just cuz it would take more weight).

+1 on the second one. First one looks a bit rough and I don't think there's much chance in finding original base plates for that CF tower to be able to use it at all. I don't know how complex they would be to make--LS-One had one, maybe he'd know.

A VLX with a swing out tounge will fit in a 24' garage (might have to pull the swim platform and lower the wedge, but not that big of a deal). 23' has zero chance of fitting.

Edited by Nitrousbird