Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

plumbing in a front ski locker BALLAST

cannonman

I have a bag on order that is going to fit in my ski locker in the front walkway. I'm going to try and go on a hour roadtrip down to a marine products store to try and get most my plumbing stuff early. so to my knowledge.... this is the plan. i have a drain plug that will be sitting right under the bag, hoping to find a 90 elbow that i can thread in lay my bag on top of it(?). then from elbow up to a one way pump, then to the high hole on the bow side of my sac. then i was going to plumb a hose from my motor side of my sac (low hole if there is one) and run it up and through by the captains feet and drill a hole for a spout and plumb it in to there. Am i on the right track? can i lay a bag right on a fitting and a hose? maybe wrap it with something? anybody see any issues? I need to get as much of the stuff ready as possible because a day or two after the bags show up i'm headed out on a week trip with it.

I'll try and get some more detailed pictures of my setup. I mounted a Johnson reversible pump behind the subwoofer under the dash. I used the existing thru-hull fitting for the center T-handle (the one in front of the fuel tank) for the water intake/exit. I ran 1" hose from that intake thru the stringer up to the Johnson. I then ran a 1" hose from the johnson outlet under the deck along the starboard side to the bow starboard cup holder area. I put a quick disconnect on the end of that hose. That way I just pull out the hose and hook up the bow sack when I want it. The pump is self priming, and you can fill and empty through one hose. I did a similar thing for the rear pumps using the T-handle fitting by the V-drive unit. Be sure and install shut-off valves on any thru-hull ports. I wired in a seperate switch panel for the extra pumps and control them with 3 rocker switches. I got all the parts from wakemakers and Bakes.

Edited by Brett B

That sounds like quite the setup? So I haven't got bags yet, but do they have lower and upper drain/fill ports? Fill from top highest and drain from bottom lowest side? Or does it not make a diff