Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Titan Alpha II Tower Speaker Parts

Brent Wall

I purchased two pairs of lightly used Titan Alpha II speakers back in March. (I know these speakers get mixed reviews but that's another discussion.) The speakers arrived in "like new" condition except one of the long bezel screws was missing. The seller was unable to find it so I figured I could just get one through my dealer (you know, the guys that I just ordered a new $80K boat from). Well, after 8 weeks, I'm still waiting for my dealer to get the screw. I'm not sure where the problem is but getting a matching screw from Malibu should not be this hard.

I have also tried to get the screw elsewhere. I've talked with the guys at Star One, the other Malibu dealer in my area and the guys at Bakes. No luck so far. I found a screw that would work at Fastenal but the head wasn't an exact match and they only sell in lots of 25.

The screw I need is a ¼”-20 machine screw, 2¾” long (¼” shoulder + 2½” threaded), with a round 3/16” Allen head. Here is a picture:

post-8878-0-85174800-1342019060_thumb.jp

Does anyone happen to have one of these laying around?

Can anyone direct me to the right person within Malibu to get a matching screw? I know that Malibu bought Titan a while back and is still putting Alpha II speakers on new boats. Given that, they should have a stock of these screws.

None of the fastener suppliers mentioned supply an exact match for this screw. (I can find a 2½ screw with a round 5/32 allen head in boxes of 25.) At this point, I'm convinced that the only place that is going to have this exact screw is Malibu. I am hoping that someone on the Crew has an inside connection to the right person at Malibu.

Brent have you tried locally at a specialty fastener shop? We have a local place that carries specialty fasteners and has a much better selection of wierd stuff than home depot.