Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

What amp to power rev 10's?

aquaman

someone correct me if i'm wrong,

If you run 2 pairs on an arc600.2 you be pushing 300 watts to each speaker, that's 600/2 at 2 ohm's, but that pushing that amp really hard.

1 pair and you getting 400 watts to each speaker at 4 ohms

I've always heard arc usually makes more power than they state

you have to bridge the RF to 2 ohms to get 500 watts by 2, your kinda wasting that 4 channel amp and it seems to be pretty pricey.

For the price I think the arc is a better amp, you either want to run one and push it hard, or run 2 and not so hard.

So your recommendation is to run one arc 600.2 bridged and wired in parallel to run the 4 rev 10's? Yes I want to put this to rest too. Lol. It still seems that running two 1000.4 amps will at least bring 400-500 to each channel just bridged.

Yes - that is my recommendation.

Their is no one single benefit to running two of the 1000.4 other than excessive power. Those amps are big, bulky and power hungry.

You could run one 600.2 which meets the required power for the Rev 10's and I promise you will be happy and also much monre money in your pocket.

Yes, you would parallel the speakers.

Give Arc Audio a call and ask to talk with Brad or Theo...they will help you with everything you need to know and are very familiar with the Rev speaker.

someone correct me if i'm wrong,

If you run 2 pairs on an arc600.2 you be pushing 300 watts to each speaker, that's 600/2 at 2 ohm's, but that pushing that amp really hard.

1 pair and you getting 400 watts to each speaker at 4 ohms

I've always heard arc usually makes more power than they state

you have to bridge the RF to 2 ohms to get 500 watts by 2, your kinda wasting that 4 channel amp and it seems to be pretty pricey.

For the price I think the arc is a better amp, you either want to run one and push it hard, or run 2 and not so hard.

Pushing an arc audio amp at 2 ohms in nothing...they can handle it all day long. Hell,my 300.4 runs bridged to a set of Rev 10's all day long in the Texas heat. Running ar 2 ohms is not pushing it hard, now take it down to 1 ohm and then you are pushnig it

Edited by Murphy8166

Pushing an arc audio amp at 2 ohms in nothing...they can handle it all day long. Hell,my 300.4 runs bridged to a set of Rev 10's all day long in the Texas heat. Running ar 2 ohms is not pushing it hard, now take it down to 1 ohm and then you are pushnig it

You don't have to tell me that, I know all about them. I run 4 arc SE's and run them hard, 1 to a 13w7. Yes you can abuse it hard all day long but why if the OP has the funds for 2.

You don't have to tell me that, I know all about them. I run 4 arc SE's and run them hard, 1 to a 13w7. Yes you can abuse it hard all day long but why if the OP has the funds for 2.

Gotcha!! Then if he has the money - do it! I just dont think there is much to gain from adding another 600.2 to run at 4 ohms versus 2.

Really depends on how the OP uses the system too. We play ours loud while a rider has a handle in hand. So figure 5-10 minute spurts, with reduced volume for pickups. Other than that we don't really crank the tower at all. Even with frequent rider changes and long sets, there will always be significant cooling breaks.

We are not "blast at the party cove" kind of people.

In that case I don't think one or two amps makes a perceptible difference, and I have no doubt that the KS600.2 can keep up in 2 ohm mode.

(for the record I've run it both ways and am currently running two ks600.2s).

At $650 or so a copy, those t1000s blow the budget. Also, bridged x 2 @ 4 ohms, you are nearing 600-700w per can... Check the dynamic tested ratings at 14.4v. Those Rev10s are Not THAT beefy of a speaker IMHO.

You feelin lucky?

Good point. I rather over than meet the power requirements. I sent an email to brad at arc audio to see what he says. Would you agree with the one 600.2 arc amp to run all 4 rev10's?

I'd say so. You got several folks on here doing the 600.2 x 4 and happy with the reaults. And it looks to be an 80-90% solution(300w per) for about 500$ correct?

Worst case, if you are feeling froggy, you can add an additional 600.2 later.

Only thing I would offer for consideration, is to ensure you buy from an auth Arc Dealer, register as required and keep your warranty paperwork. A few folks have come on here with quality issues. But otherwise, very much seems to be a solid choice.

I have decided to run with the arc 600.2 to power 2 pairs of Rev 10's. Brad at arc audio stated that the Rev 10's are extremely sensitive speakers that when not paired to a good amp create a lot of hissing/high pitch sound that can be heard at low and higher volumes. Thanks all and if you know anyone who wants 8 titan alpha 1's let me know.

went looking hard to see what else was out there Class D/G/H,...... here is another, a little pricey, but this amp would be hard to ignore of you are looking at the top shelf high end options, in the 400w per category.

http://www.ddaudio.com/products/mobile-audio/amplifiers/full-range-amplifiers/ss-series.aspx

either the SS2A 375w x 2 @4, or if you are a wild man the SS4a at 480 x 2 @4. The SS2A can match the Arc600.2 at 300w per with 600w x 2 @2 if you went with 2 sets of rev10s.

Thanks. I'll check em out. Any advise on the type of bracket I should use to mount the 4 rev 10's? Stationary x mounts or swivel?

• 2 weeks later...

There's a whole sleu of class gh amps on the market, Arc, clarion, bazooka, etc, etc....they all come from the same buildhouse. Most of them have long since moved on to more efficient class d full range amps, so they're not as available as they used to be. Here's a thread discussing the gh amps.

http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/technical-advanced-car-audio-discussion/77710-list-robert-zeff-nikola-engineering-amps.html

I agree with the previous poster about the NVX, PPI, Hertz, etc series amps. Quite possibly the most bang for your buck at the moment. The PPI version have been sold out for quite awhile, here's a good thread discussing the NVX versions. http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/hot-deals/130683-nvx-amps-similar-specs-ppi-phantom.html

If power is what you're looking for check out Zed Audio amps. The Leviathan is 190x6 @ 4ohm, 300x6 @ 2ohm, the Dreadnaught is 250x4 @ 4ohm, 400x4 @ 2ohm, 800x2 bridged. Quite small for the output and there's marine versions as well. Here's a great review of the Leviathan

http://www.stereowiseplus.com/2012/05/zed-audio-leviathan-iii-6-channel.html?m=1

I just ordered the NVX, 400x2 @4. I chose this over the ppi and the power acoustic versions, it had 1/0 gauge terminal adapter and higher fuse rating.

Also CEA compliant, so I know I should be pretty close to a true 400x2 for $225 shipped.

Just installed some Rev 10s myself. Powered them with a Rockford 400 ad (total power is 927 tested and certified watts). Bridged, that's 463.5 watts per Rev 10 (or X 2). Great clean power. Paid $700 + tax at dealer in Dallas, TX. Very clean and plenty of power. Everyone that's heard the Rev 10s with that particular amp has been extremely impressed. I took the advice from several readers to spend extra money on an amp. I did and was very impressed with the results. You will be too. When in doubt, spend the extra money on a super clean amp that can make those Rev 10s sound as impressive as they should for $1200 a pair. Don't skimp on the amp!!!!!!

I just ordered the NVX, 400x2 @4. I chose this over the ppi and the power acoustic versions, it had 1/0 gauge terminal adapter and higher fuse rating.

Also CEA compliant, so I know I should be pretty close to a true 400x2 for $225 shipped.

Let us know how that amp performs. Looks like a solid contender for a set of Rev 10s.