Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Monster Tower MTK pictures

alxmlr789

Hey guys, I know there is a tower thread already, but I wanted to post these for the people that are interested in this tower (if any), because this is a pretty new tower, and pics are pretty scarce. For the money, I felt like this was the best looking aftermarket tower.

It looks a little awkward from some angles, but I am definitely happy with it. VERY solid. Boardracks, speakers and bimini are coming soon too.

2368a965.jpg

bd5a73dc.jpg

f6c9f608.jpg

Let me know what you guys think!

I think it looks okay. I bet it will look a lot better once loaded up with the goodies you have on order.

I agree, it looks a little naked with nothing on it. Maybe some lights as well. lol

My boat is nearly identical to yours, and i would much rather have your tower than my MT1. I think it looks great. :thumbup:

More pics as you add accessories for sure! Does it fold pretty flat?

Edited by Asmodeus2112

My boat is nearly identical to yours, and i would much rather have your tower than my MT1. I think it looks great. :thumbup:

More pics as you add accessories for sure! Does it fold pretty flat?

Thanks! I havent tried to fold it yet, but it either has the option to fold forward or backwards depending on where I put the quick disconnects. (it will fold forward right now). Once I go underneath the bridges in our canals, I'll let you know, lol.

I think that looks pretty dope. Saw one on a Moomba this week and thought it was stock. Had a MT on an older bow rider and you can't beat the price and value.

Can't wait to see it with acc. and speakers

Looks great. Really updates the look of the older Bu. Agreed on some more pics once you get some more stuff up there.

I like the looks of the forward swooping towers but the issue I have is what if you want to slalom ski with that tower. With the rope attached to the center pylon, isn't the tower going to interfere with the swing of the the rope when the skier cuts outside the wake? I really like the look of the Samson Blade but I am hesitant to get it because of this issue. Has any one slalom skied off the boat since your tower was installed. Maybe it's no big deal if the rope hits the tower but I dont know.

I like the looks of the forward swooping towers but the issue I have is what if you want to slalom ski with that tower. With the rope attached to the center pylon, isn't the tower going to interfere with the swing of the the rope when the skier cuts outside the wake? I really like the look of the Samson Blade but I am hesitant to get it because of this issue. Has any one slalom skied off the boat since your tower was installed. Maybe it's no big deal if the rope hits the tower but I dont know.

Mike, I haven't taken that into consideration solely because I've never slolamed in my life, nor do I plan to. We're strictly a boarding boat, haven't even though of slolaming. But, I can see where that would be an issue.

Mike, I haven't taken that into consideration solely because I've never slolamed in my life, nor do I plan to. We're strictly a boarding boat, haven't even though of slolaming. But, I can see where that would be an issue.

You should probably think about upgrading to a V drive.

You should probably think about upgrading to a V drive.

Maybe in the future. I had a strict budget of 14k, and needed to keep it at that, so I went with this. The cheapest v drive i could find (especially in central florida), was 21k. we normally have 5-7 people on the boat, and with 1500-1700 lbs, plus the wedge, this gets the job done just fine.

We're even surfing ropeless. But you're right, upgrading to a vdrive once I have the budget, I may do that. But for now, this does everything I need it to do.

Is your boat green or is it black, I can't tell. Mine is green and was thinking of going with the polished, but that black tower looks good on it.

It is black, in need of a good wetsand and buff.

thanks for posting the pics of my boat. I am very happy with how it came out wish I would have got a blue bimini instead of black but I have order it. Im trying to get everything done monster tower wants to put it in one of their calendar photo shoots in august. Im still waiting on the new malibu stickers for the side and the back. I have already ordered all my vinyl so ill have viper customs do the interior this winter also plan on trying to put on the new style windhield at some point.

Jeremey as soon as you get done installing you tower post it up becasue your boat looks great man.

• 2 weeks later...

And finally, here is a pic of mine installed:

2012-07-26_19-35-56_821.jpg

I went with 7" behind the end of the windshield to get some cover over the dash/gauges but still have plenty of cover for some of the passengers.