Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

JD Power Rankings

dlb

"PN seems to be softening it's position on other boats and I think that says that some of those guys are getting out on other boats and finding out they can still have as much fun behind a different MFG as they can behind their CC."

Maybe that's because Malibu's are better than they used to be and not due to the softening of PN members.

I'll put my Skier up against an '88 2001 anyday. :)

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jetskipro550

• WakeGirl

• edwin

• skisix@38

Looks like a lot of them did. I've personally found that site to be very professional. Yes, some of them drink the CC Kool Aide, but we have plenty of that here as well. I'm with NautiqueJeff & Dragon on this one, whether you're talking about PN or this site:

Although this is a private forum I don't believe that in the terms of agreement it said anywhere that you must own a CC to take part in discussions. I personally am a member of a few different brand communities. I also can appreciate the outside view of CC products.

I agree with your post totally. I'm also a member of some of the other boards. I always welcome owners of other brands here. An outside view can sometimes be very beneficial. I can appreciate a nice boat, no matter who makes it.

Just got my JD Power survey -- they give you a dollar bill in there as an incentive.

Maybe CC takes some of their extra profit and stuffs a little into the envelopes of their boat buyers.... ha ha!

i spend alot of time behind the big three as well. although probably not nearly as much as skisix and not at shortline or tournaments. from my obsevations the only real difference behind the boat is the bump at 22. the nautique although sloppy and and frothy , is very soft while th bu and mc are a tad harder. im not much of a brand fanatic or brand loyal . ive had a brendella, mb , 2 mc's and now a bu. i think brand wars are just silly. i get bored and like to get something different every so often. my next boat will probably be a cc since i havent had one yet. im not quite sold though since they are boring to drive and look at, but they are growing on me.i havent been to PN site before but i can tell you that some of the guys on the team mc site are practically psycotic about mc's. it almost scary.

Edited by lxirod

I just do not believe the results. When I bought my 2004 VLX, I went to the Houston Boat Show and spent several days walking back and forth directly comparing MC, CC and Malibu. Style is a personal choice, but I liked Malibu better. On fit and finish, I thought the Malibu was superior to MC and CC models. Small details in interior layouts - choice was Malibu. There were some propritary items and other stuff that MC and CC had that Malibu did not, but there was absolutley no question in my mind that Malibu was the best value. And, even if the prices had been the same, I think I would have gone with Malibu.

but i can tell you that some of the guys on the team mc site are practically psycotic about mc's. it almost scary.

It's a little e-scary at times. They are practical about their psychosis.

Edited by east tx skier

but i can tell you that some of the guys on the team mc site are practically psycotic about mc's. it almost scary.

It's a little e-scary at times. They are practical about their psychosis.

And they apparently do a full drug screening and background check before even considering to send you your comfirmation email. Crazy.gifCrazy.gif:lol:

Edited by DRAGON88
my next boat will probably be a cc since i havent had one yet. im not quite sold though since they are boring to drive and look at, but they are growing on me.

I think the SN196 in classic colors is a great looking boat. It's got to be a great driver.

Malibu has the best boat for the $, no doubt.

Fellow Bu owners, the funny thing is if you think about it we can really control the market value of our beloved glass destroyers by effectively communicating with one another on what we are asking and what we are getting. this is much like the multiple listing service of an real estate association.

ok, don't look to the left of your screen...

I can't imagine the numbers for Malibu being any lower overall than CC or MC. But to be equal with Tige? What's up wit dat?

Ive seen a big step in the right direction for tige over the last few yrs. along with some new really great models (i.e the ve and rz2) along with the new factory they have wich is going to increase production i see tige really making a big leap in the next couple of years. dont forget tiges very new in the ski boat indrusty compared to the big three but have gained ground and market share every year. they just could not produce the numbers of the big three in their old factory but the new factory will be a huge addition in helping them gain more market share.

ok, don't look to the left of your screen...

I can't imagine the numbers for Malibu being any lower overall than CC or MC. But to be equal with Tige? What's up wit dat?

Ive seen a big step in the right direction for tige over the last few yrs. along with some new really great models (i.e the ve and rz2) along with the new factory they have wich is going to increase production i see tige really making a big leap in the next couple of years. dont forget tiges very new in the ski boat indrusty compared to the big three but have gained ground and market share every year. they just could not produce the numbers of the big three in their old factory but the new factory will be a huge addition in helping them gain more market share.

A friend just bought a new Tige. He looked at Malibus, Moombas and Tiges, (all sold in our area.). It's his first ski boat. He thought the quality was comparable to a Bu and far superior to a Moomba. He got a loaded DD wakeboard boat for $10k less than a Malibu. He loves it.

A friend just bought a new Tige. He looked at Malibus, Moombas and Tiges, (all sold in our area.). It's his first ski boat. He thought the quality was comparable to a Bu and far superior to a Moomba. He got a loaded DD wakeboard boat for $10k less than a Malibu. He loves it.

I think there are differences in these boats that you don't notice or care about until you have lived them. That said, 10k is ten freakin k and covers your fuel for how many years? Shocking.gif

I think there are differences in these boats that you don't notice or care about until you have lived them. That said, 10k is ten freakin k and covers your fuel for how many years? Shocking.gif

And that's the problem, IMHO. They are all too freekin expensive. I just checked - you can buy a complete Crusader package drop in 8.1 L - 425 HP with velvet drive for $13k. Thats the guts of the boat and Crusader is a real marine engine, not a cheapo Indmar - the rest is bling. We're paying way too much for the bling no matter whose logo is on the boat.

And that's the problem, IMHO. They are all too freekin expensive. I just checked - you can buy a complete Crusader package drop in 8.1 L - 425 HP with velvet drive for $13k. Thats the guts of the boat and Crusader is a real marine engine, not a cheapo Indmar - the rest is bling. We're paying way too much for the bling no matter whose logo is on the boat.

You think Indmars are cheap? I don't, but I only know PCM and Mercruiser to compare them to. I've never checked out a Crusader.

You think Indmars are cheap? I don't, but I only know PCM and Mercruiser to compare them to. I've never checked out a Crusader.

My point wasn't to dis Indmar but rather to point out that even if our boats came with the gold standard for a marine conversion drivetrain there's still only $13,000 worth of mechanical in them. The rest is bling.

Does anyone know why the Tige DD's aren't ASWA approved?

the tige 20I in 04or05 became aswa approved. the tampa bay waterski show team has one it has a 6.0L marine power engine in it. ive seen it pull 5 man barefoot, pyramid and jump acts.

Edited by boatech