Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

JD Power Rankings

dlb

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jetskipro550

• WakeGirl

• edwin

• skisix@38

ok, don't look to the left of your screen...

I can't imagine the numbers for Malibu being any lower overall than CC or MC. But to be equal with Tige? What's up wit dat?

Take this stuff with a grain of salt. They show moomba as a 2 bubbles whatever you call it for "value of money" yet correct craft is a great value, yeah right. Also my family has had 2 malibu's and do you know how many jd power and associates forms we have filled out? 0 why is that.

I think the Malibu folks are too busy getting out and enjoying their boats to respond to a survey. Meanwhile, the people who paid $10-20k more for a similar (sort of) boat are stuck at home filling out surveys about how good their boat is sitting in the driveway cause they can't afford gas...

For the money, I don't think you can get a better wakeboard boat than a 'Bu Yahoo.gif

Most people who own Malibus are out using their boats not polishing them in a garage and filling out surveys. Surprised.gif

I bought a Malibu because I thought it was the best after visiting other factories and driving as many boats as possible. I chose Malibu not because of some cultic following. No goggles just objective opinion (I know that's an oxymoron). People I know that have Nautiques are constantly justifying spending well over 15 K extra to have a small boat with no storage and a wake that is not even close to a loaded VLX. So when they get their survey it's only natural to see the same sort of rationalizing behavior.

I got a JD Power's survey, and as you guys suggest, I freaking never sent it in. :Doh:

So this is all Boomer's fault! Tease2.gif j/k

... I hate filling out those surveys too! Guess I'll pay attention if one comes for the Bu.

amazing........

last i checked people bought 'bu because of "quality and reliability", "value for money", "design and styling", "Ride and handling", and "water sports". but that's just my opion i could be wrong.

i'm willing to say tige` should be right up there with 'bu. tige` got shafted. it's so sad, there are tons of people that won't even look at 'bu and tige` because of this stupid-a** rating.

amazing........

last i checked people bought 'bu because of "quality and reliability", "value for money", "design and styling", "Ride and handling", and "water sports". but that's just my opion i could be wrong.

i'm willing to say tige` should be right up there with 'bu. tige` got shafted. it's so sad, there are tons of people that won't even look at 'bu and tige` because of this stupid-a** rating.

I wouldn't worry about it too much. As Edwin said on PN, while CC is winning the battle, Bu is winning the war with their sales each year. There are plenty of folks that will look at Malibu because it is a great value and great boat. I too was very surprised at the Malibu numbers and question why they fell so from last year.

I rarely pay any attention to the JD Powers ratings since they are usually garbage anyway, but I clicked on the link anyway and was pretty surprised.

I can see CC getting a 5 for quality and reliability. I was real surprised, though, to see CC getting a 5 for design & styling when they have changed their design very little over the years. And then to give 'bu 3 stars for ride & handling and CC a 5 when even the CC guys will admit that the ride in most of the CC models can really pound you is amazing to me.

Are these rating come entirely frmo customer surveys?

Interesting that they don't have Supra in there at all.

Mike

Edited by mlange
I understand the CC issue but MC Ranting.gif

The Malibu and CC rating doesn't surprise me, but the MC does, but I'm glad to see they've gotten things going for them again. I once owned a 93 MC 205, best boat I ever owned. Much better boat than my Malibu as far as quality and fit and finish. Overall just a better constructed boat than my malibu. I wish I had the $10k i paid and my MC 205 back, but only with a Monsoon. ;)

I don't know who was in charger back in 99 but MC lost me as a boat owner. whoever it was didn't know his a** from a hole in the ground about building a boat. Tried to cut too many corners and quality fell off for several years. In the fall of 1998 had ordered a brand new 1999 Prostar and refused to take delivery because it was the cheapest looking piece of crap I ever seen. This is how I ended up with my Malibu. At the time it had the MC beat hands down. I think 1999 was one of the worst years they had in sales. Les Clark even quit because of the problem they were having and went to Centurion.

I've always felt CC's were the best quality constructed boats. But they've always just looked ugly too me. But I think they are rock solid built. 100% quality on fit and finish. And the CC dealer in my area was a Crook and ended up going to the pen for selling boats and taking the money from sales and not turning it in the the finance companys. Otherwise I'd probably owned one.

My malibu has been a just ok boat. The Gelcoat is subpar compared to my old MC. Uphostry is just ok, not near as good as the old MC was. Much Much louder inside than the old MC. All and all just a ok boat. Nothing spectacular.

Man, you are dreaming of the "good old days" or something. I had a '92 Prostar 205, and although a nice ride, it was nowhere near what my new Bu is quality wise.

Not even in the same solar system.

Malibu's numbers in sales speak for themselves.

If sales were totally based on pricing, then Calabria / Tige / Moomba would be the winners. But their not. Malibu continues to kick the crap out of the other two in sales.

I'm much happier with my $10-20 large in my pocket and my Bu in my driveway.

Well at the boat show they were unfriendly but other then that I know nothing about them. I just have been rubbed the wrong way by some MC owners who think that their boats are the best and everything else is crap. Basically the whole attidue of my boat cost x amount more then yours so I am better then you...that and I hate the pickle fork design, the new graphics, and the x-80.

I hate the local Bu dealer more then any other dealer around...thats why I will only go through madrass marine who are super friendly (I just ordered some new wedge bolts from them) :)