Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Rev10's on illusion x tower

aquaman

I have a 07 lsv with an illusion x tower. Can I place 4 rev 10's in the factory location mounts where my existing Titan cans are now? If so, I know I want to angle them up a bit for sound direction but are there certain mounts that I would need from ws?

Your in luck I just did all the work for you. With Rev 10's the top will swivel but the bottom take special mounts and they can't also it drops the bottom set down. I went with the XM9's from bakesonline.com they work great and both will swivel 360 deg and have quick disconnect. They also cost about $500 less. I can't speak for the Rev 10's but I can tell you I love the XM9's. I wont be home till the 19th but if you hit me back around that time I will sent you some pics. I was in the same boat I wanted to be able to angle mine up too. Good luck.

Aquaman - Don't be redirected from what you want....especially when it is the fourth of July and we are celebrating FREEDOM!!!!!

The REV10s, as a 10-inch, are simply larger than an 8.375" speaker. So based on surface area alone, four REV10s will do more work than six 8.375" speakers.

I own one pair of REV10s and I am thoroughly pleased. There is no quantity of a smaller pod and smaller speaker that is as warm, as smooth and will play as deep.

To run four REV10s on an Illusion tower you will need a small offset adapter for the lower speakers and the optional swivel clamps.

Thanks Murphy. So what your saying is run 2? As of now I have 4 ws 6x9 and 8 Titan 1 alphas which cannot be heard boarding. The ws 6x9 are only what I can hear. I wanted to eliminate some of the 6 inch cans, the ones up the pillar and replace with the 4 rev 10s. I want it loud and clear. My question to you is do you think putting four will be no better than 2 when powered effectively. Also the offset adapter is for the lower but the swivel are for upper or lower?

Thanks and happy 4th!

Bobby light. What cha talking bout Willis?

Thanks Murphy. So what your saying is run 2? As of now I have 4 ws 6x9 and 8 Titan 1 alphas which cannot be heard boarding. The ws 6x9 are only what I can hear. I wanted to eliminate some of the 6 inch cans, the ones up the pillar and replace with the 4 rev 10s. I want it loud and clear. My question to you is do you think putting four will be no better than 2 when powered effectively. Also the offset adapter is for the lower but the swivel are for upper or lower?

Thanks and happy 4th!

Talking about he fanboying without answering your question. If I remember right you can't fit 4 rev 10's on the illusion x without a drop bracket for the bottom speaker. 4 of those will meet your goals if you power them right.

Talking about he fanboying without answering your question. If I remember right you can't fit 4 rev 10's on the illusion x without a drop bracket for the bottom speaker. 4 of those will meet your goals if you power them right.

Are those additional parts or do they come with the rev 10? Also do you think overkill for 4 of them? Maybe just 2? Your thoughts?

I've got 2 on my illusion tower powered by a syn4 and they're very loud, I'd say pretty close to my buddy's 4 Pro80's

I've got 2 on my illusion tower powered by a syn4 and they're very loud, I'd say pretty close to my buddy's 4 Pro80's

Would you ever consider doing 4? Do you have any other tower speakers running?

I've got 2 and it's plenty enough.

What location and where did you mount them? Any bracket recommendations? Would you ever run 4?

Four will make you one of the loudest guys on the lake and the clarity will be great. You need to be careful, four will also be really loud in the boat when you are trying to get the music back to the wakeboarder.

Two works for me and I have about 400 watts going to each.

Whether you go with 2 or 4 is a personal choice. I used to run 4 Pro 80's and it was MEGA loud. The plan was to start with one pair of Rev 10's on the new boat and add another if I felt that we were lacking....we have no intentions of going to 4.

I just got off the water so my opinion is fresh!!

I mounted on the highest point possible on the tower.

Go over the the wetsounds web page and click on gallery/customer installations/malibu, there are several pictures of single and dual pairs of Rev 10's on an illusion tower

Would you ever consider doing 4? Do you have any other tower speakers running?

Just the two rev10's running, I would like to do 2 more just to be obnoxious but I dont like hitting my head on speakers so I'm just gunna stick with the two. I highly recommend the wetsounds 420 eq as well

Mounted them on the highest point of the XS tower. On swivel mounts. We ride at 70' and can hear the music fine. Honestly, if you are paying that much attention to the music, you're not focused on your riding. The first photo is where the 10s were installed. The second photo is a size comparison between the 10s (on the left) and the 8s (on the right). The third photo has nothing to do with the subject, at all.

post-12673-0-89848100-1341459737_thumb.j

post-12673-0-89736100-1341459852_thumb.j

post-12673-0-12774900-1341459907_thumb.j

that whole photo thing cracked me up... Those rev 10's look HUGE i would like to see a pic of an exile xm9 next to it.The xm9's look big to me hangin on the tower.

Ok, maybe I gave the wrong impression. I wanted the Rev 10's not because of sound just because they are bigger I don't have any idea what sound better truth I don't care I just wanted the biggest speaker I could buy for my tower and turn at a angle with 4 speakers that is the XM9’s. I was just going to run 2 also till I took the old off and seen the holes where the bottom speaker were. So then I had to buy 4. I called WS up and they told me when you mount the bottom you have to buy a special bracket that lowers them and you CAN'T buy a swivel bracket for the bottom if you run 4 speaker. All I am saying is if you want the biggest 4 speakers you can swivel the XM9's are it. Don't take my word for it calls WS. That is what they told me if not I would have 4 Rev 10's right now. So you may want to take the old off and make sure you are cool with the holes before you decide on two. I'm not trying to sell you one way or the other I'm just stating some facts. :innocent:

Edited by Bradley Thornton

No - Wetsounds will not be coming out with the new speakers any time soon....

but they do have some other cool stuff in the works such as wireless boat linking and some really nice amps.

btw....that dolphin was a beautiful dorsal fin!!!!!

Edited by Murphy8166

Thanks and happy 4th!

Are you saying you want to run four rev10s and four ws 6x9s?

Your poor poor tower. I don't think that the Ix tower was designed to take that.

I have two pair of rev10s running off of two arc ks600.2's (400w per can). You can hear it at the end of the rope, but just OK (not like being at a U2 concert or anything). It's brain crushingly loud in the boat (and I have a higher and farther back tower than your Ix). I think you are going to give your passengers brain damage from a setup that loud.