Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

15" 2313 Acme prop ordered

twowakes

I just pulled the trigger ona 2313 15X12X150. I have ran the 1235 and this year the 1873 14.5X12X150. Cant wait to see what the 15" prop does.

I run a 2004 VLX Wakesetter with around 4000#'s.

• Like 1

I just pulled the trigger ona 2313 15X12X150.

What do you hope to gain by changing the prop? More torque?

I could do research, but it's SO much easier to just ask someone who knows! :)

Acme suggested i try it since i load my boat pretty heavy. 4000lbs +.

Its is supposed to help in performance and efficiency across the board. Im not sure if i will be a ble to tell any difference from the 141/2" prop but there is only one way to find out. I am a dealer and i don't like selling anything i havent tried first.

My buddy just bought one for is A22..Huge difference with the way the boat planes. I'd be curious to see how it works on your VLX. I'm debating on going with a 1235 or the one you mentione.

The 1235 does a good job, but if you don't drive very far to your riding spot and you weight your boat as often and as heavy as i do then i think the lower pitch props are going to be better. I drop my boat in where i ride and it is weighted 80% of the time im running.My buddy has the same boat that i have and runs a 1235. We weight it with about 4000lbs and it does a good enough job. I am looking for efficiency and performance.I have the 14.5X12X150 now and i can tell a big difference in fuel consumption verses the 1235. The 1235 ran about 2MPH faster on top end. I don't drive over 30MPH so it doesnt bother me.

The 1235 does a good job, but if you don't drive very far to your riding spot and you weight your boat as often and as heavy as i do then i think the lower pitch props are going to be better. I drop my boat in where i ride and it is weighted 80% of the time im running.My buddy has the same boat that i have and runs a 1235. We weight it with about 4000lbs and it does a good enough job. I am looking for efficiency and performance.I have the 14.5X12X150 now and i can tell a big difference in fuel consumption verses the 1235. The 1235 ran about 2MPH faster on top end. I don't drive over 30MPH so it doesnt bother me.

So, was your fuel consumption worse with the 1235?

Yes.The 1873 that i have been running has helped my fuel consumption. I do not cruse around the lake much though and when i do i usually run 24-26 MPH.

I tried out the 2313 prop 15X12X150cup yesterday. I am changing back to the 1873. I believe the 15" prop is too big for the 340hp motor. It would plane off with 4000# ballast but it takes a while. I used considerably more fuel with the 15" prop than with the 14.5. I would not recommend the 2313 for the 340 hp motor. The 1873 performs the best out of the 1235, 2313 and 1873 with the 340HP motor with 4000lbs of ballast.

• Like 1
  • 4 years later...
On 7/5/2012 at 7:56 AM, twowakes said:

I would not recommend the 2313 for the 340 hp motor. The 1873 performs the best out of the 1235, 2313 and 1873 with the 340HP motor with 4000lbs of ballast.

I have the exact same setup. Since I am looking for a new prop over stock and I have seen a few threads lately bringing up a couple of these props, I thought reviving this one that has credible experience and comparison was worth it.

I see you have a new boat, but when you were riding the 04 vlx, did you ultimately stick with the 1873? Did you sell it with the boat or is it still in the shop somewhere???!?!