Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Posting reply gets stalled?

Tyger

I've been having a recurring problem lately with posting a reply. It will say 'saving' in the bottom left corner and I get progress bar across the top, but it never posts and it never goes away. I have to copy my message, refresh the page and then paste/post again. It only takes a moment and works the second time every time, but it's kind of annoying.

Anyone else have this problem?

Argh, IE9. Are you guys getting this problem on the fast reply box at the bottom of the thread? If so, have you tried going to the full editor (click "More reply options" at the bottom). IE9 is such a problem overall (as all evolutions of IE have proven to be). I haven't personally seen this problem, but I don't use IE at all.

Argh, IE9. Are you guys getting this problem on the fast reply box at the bottom of the thread? If so, have you tried going to the full editor (click "More reply options" at the bottom). IE9 is such a problem overall (as all evolutions of IE have proven to be). I haven't personally seen this problem, but I don't use IE at all.

I'll try to use the full editor and see if I still get the problem. I'll also trying using the site with IE10 and see if it's better.

I just tried several posts, because it seems like if I reply right after opening a page with a short message it always works. However, I couldn't get it time out when waiting a long time to reply and typing long messages.

Don't be hatin on IE - some of us work there.

I am a Microsoft fan and live in Microsoft products all day everyday, but you have to admit IE deserves a little bit of hatin... especially previous versions.

Not that the others don't have their issues. I wont use Firefox anymore...

Not hating on IE, but there are some incompatibilities that MS continues to incorporate that makes it really difficult for software developers. I've been at this for 7 years now, & IE has been by far & away the most problematic of the major browsers (by about 10 country miles, that's not an exaggeration). IE makes a programmer want to tear their hair out.

Anyway, I think that all of us realize that it's the browser of choice in most enterprise situations, so there isn't much that any of us can do about it except to hope that the bug is fixed in the next version of either the board software or within a patch for IE itself. I'll be curious to hear if changing to the full editor window helps at all.

Some of us worked there, still work in an MS shop, and still have problems with IE in a variety of different web sites / apps. I have to give people work arounds to get thru it because another browser is not an option in the enterprise.

Edited by Bill_AirJunky

I've been using the full editor and have not encoutered this problem. I just did a quick reply today and hit it again.

It's not a major issue. I just copy, F5 and paste; three keystrokes and two seconds. Don't pull your hair out over it. :D I just wanted to make sure it wasn't something only I was seeing.

When I get the chance I'll see if it's doing the same thing on IE10. If so and if you want to keep working on it, I'll get a dev to look into it.

I've replied to several posts with IE 10 on Win8 and haven't run into this issue at all. If you want to try to troubleshoot on IE9 I can help, otherwise I guess the world will have to wait. :D

The last 6 or so quick replies I've done with IE9 have worked just fine. Have you been working on it?

Not since the upgrade a couple of weeks ago. It could have to do with an update for IE9, just guessing.

i just had the problem again (regularly) with IE9. I just click the "more options" and it works every time.

Since you're still getting the problem & Tyger is not, I'm guessing that it's an update/patch issue or possible per-user configuration issue. Problems like this can be soooooo difficult to chase down.