Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Surfgatewave

Malibudude

Well..... we locked down any sneak previews of surfgatewave a week ago to play nice with malibu to try and be in their good books for future product releases.... I think we have flamed them enough now we won't have to worry about that anymore :Tease3:

On the other hand we have been a very effective consumer focus group... and we even paid for the opportunity...

....hopefully the hype with die earlier than planned and the substance will bear fruit.

The G23 vids showed the wake, guys hitting it and going huge, and the same guys weighing in with their feedback. Here we have had a few blurry glimpses at the wake and some pretty cheesy acting that looks like it was cut from a late night Cinemax movie.

I guess its fun that they are being creative. Ultimate redemption will be if when we see the system it works and it truly is a game changer.

Edited by pkh

Can't figure out why they would not reveal the new surf setter boat and surfgate system in one package, not separate.. Or maybe this was going to happen? Pretty much a complete failure of a new product release. Hopefully it performs better than this reveal has started.

guys we need to remember most of the stuff was leaked about the surf gate and malibu never annouced or promiced anything on either their web page or facebook page .

i have spoken to someone who sells mastercraft ,correct craft and malibu and he has seen the surf gate and

he says its amazing ,he was impressed ..and that coming from this guy is rare !

so soon we will all see it ..

guys we need to remember most of the stuff was leaked about the surf gate and malibu never annouced or promiced anything on either their web page or facebook page .

i have spoken to someone who sells mastercraft ,correct craft and malibu and he has seen the surf gate and

he says its amazing ,he was impressed ..and that coming from this guy is rare !

so soon we will all see it ..

It was "leaked" by Malibu's own intl sales rep. And by "leaked" I mean posted on the web for anyone to see. To fix the leak Malibu asked TMC to tell us not to look rather than immediately demanding that the offending website come down. All on the promise to TMC that we'd see it here first.

Weaksauce.

Can someone do me a favor and start a new thread once the actual substance comes out? I keep checking back here to find nothing but others voicing the same opinion. A new thread will let everyone know there's actually a product release and not just more Velveeta ®.

Can someone do me a favor and start a new thread once the actual substance comes out? I keep checking back here to find nothing but others voicing the same opinion. A new thread will let everyone know there's actually a product release and not just more Velveeta ®.

Velveeta. Lol!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The way "Surfgate" was described to me by a dealer today looks exactly like the Lowriderboats.com concept. Doesn't actually sink the boat, still need lots of weight but you weight the boat like you would for wakeboarding. You just adjust the Surfgate to whatever side you are riding and it makes the wave longer. Can still use the wedge and all that at the same time.

That patent is from back in 1998.

Correct! and from what my local Malibu dealer was saying it will be a lot like this. Read he first two paragraphs. Pay attention to the last sentence. Also look at the drawings. Sure looks like this patent covers our beloved wedge as well.

Edited by liljohn

The way "Surfgate" was described to me by a dealer today looks exactly like the Lowriderboats.com concept. Doesn't actually sink the boat, still need lots of weight but you weight the boat like you would for wakeboarding. You just adjust the Surfgate to whatever side you are riding and it makes the wave longer. Can still use the wedge and all that at the same time.

So I get to use both of my 1100 fatsacs instead of just one? Nice :rockon:

Im pretty sure it doesn't take me 26min to go from WB to surf (Ill time it next time). I am certain I have wasted too much time on this non-announcement.

@morris it says average time. Clearly you are on the short end of the scale. I wakeboarded behind my boat in 2010 and have been surfing ever since. Therefore it has taken me 13,149 hours (and counting) to switch activities. So I might be skewing the average just a bit.

:whistle:

Actually, I think the only thing better than the Surfwavegate, will be the eventual release of the Malibu boat lineup in the year 2020, when I can then finally afford to buy a used 2013 Surfwavegate equipped boat.

And, by then, all the recalls and bugs should be worked out.

This thread is not nealry as informative as the discussion going on at wakeworld.com. See this link: http://lowriderboats.com/

I bet this is the so called "surfgate" solution. The marketing term "gate" makes sense with this solution and explains no extreme listing and weighting the boat neutrally.

The inventor's patent can be found here: http://www.google.co...epage&q&f=false

Edited by Cory

With this gate system open and the wedge down, the boat is going to glid like a pig through the water. I suppose the auto wedge, and assuming the surf gate is also auto, will help when the rider falls to get back around and pick them up.

Does anyone have insight into the plug and play system for wakesurfing? Will it be used in connection with the current gen 4-ballast system, auto-wedge, and the surfgate? Will it extend the capacity of the rear tanks beyond the current 200lbs using quick connect sacs integrated into the stock ballast system?

So many questions... These teaser videos are annoying and don't engender goodwill in my opinion.

The surfgate system is not anything like the low rider boat system, or so I've been told. It will be something attached to the back of the hull.