Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Surfgatewave

Malibudude

If that video Kyak posted is from a VLX that is bigtime surprising. If that is a VLX surfgate wave, it blew the sac'd out 23 and 22MXZ waves away, with a 350motor to boot.

So I would further say that is the best surfgate AND VLX wave I have seen. Impressive.

I was also very impressed, so that is why I inquired on the same video on YouTube. It was made by Aqua Sport Marine. I believe in BC Canada. The video is also on the dealer website. I will be purchasing a SG VLX!

I was also very impressed, so that is why I inquired on the same video on YouTube. It was made by Aqua Sport Marine. I believe in BC Canada. The video is also on the dealer website. I will be purchasing a SG VLX!

I am guessing Aqua Sport is in Quebec which is why the title of the Vid is in French.

11 mph seems fast compared to how fast we surf behind our '08 Vride. We surf at 9.8 mph. Does surfgate work better at a faster speed? Or, is this a function of the larger boats surf at a higher speed?

Multiple factors. I run about 10.8 in my little skier...

That is the best Surfgate wave I've seen so far.

That, basically, looks like the wave we saw during the night runs on the teaser vids.

Im pretty sure no one will buy the boat just for surfing. We use our boat for cruising as well and the occasional air chair session.

I know lots of guys that bought specific boats just to slalom

I know lots of guys that bought specific boats just to wakeboard

There will be plenty that plop down decnt cash for a specific boat just to wakesurf

Let's not forget that you can still lean a SG equipped BU over to one side if you so choose. We just got two SG equipped 23's and they surf very well with stock ballast. Can't wait to play with the wake once the P'N'P is installed.