Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Surfgatewave

Malibudude

Another option in 2013 will be an adjustable seat, just like Supra. This will be a great addition.

Malibu continues to step up there build, looking forward to the final product reveal.

Another option in 2013 will be an adjustable seat, just like Supra. This will be a great addition.

Malibu continues to step up there build, looking forward to the final product reveal.

Where did you hear that? I have not heard that yet.

Where did you hear that? I have not heard that yet.

I was going to order the adjustable seat from the company that Skiers Choice uses. The lady I spoke with informed me Malibu will be ordering them starting in July this year for 2013 models. I would not be surprised to see them on CC, MC and other boat builders soon.

I was going to order the adjustable seat from the company that Skiers Choice uses. The lady I spoke with informed me Malibu will be ordering them starting in July this year for 2013 models. I would not be surprised to see them on CC, MC and other boat builders soon.

How much was that seat...is it just the base or?

i am pretty amped up about the surfgate. sounds like the 13 malibus are going to be the best ever.

i am pretty amped up about pricegate. sounds like the 13 malibus are going to be the most expensive ever.

Edited by saidainc

Yeah thats the only part that will suck. I am sure the new 24 MXZ will be close to the 100 grand mark

Close? The 22 MXZ is already well over the 100k mark with a trailer and a good package of options...... I'm not complaining, just seems to be the price these machines are getting these days... pretty crazy!

Close? The 22 MXZ is already well over the 100k mark with a trailer and a good package of options...... I'm not complaining, just seems to be the price these machines are getting these days... pretty crazy!

That's not true. I was at the Cinncy boat show, and No Wake was selling a well optioned MXZ for 85k (didn't have the LSA, but did have the L96 upgrade). Still a lot of money, but nowhere near "well over the 100k mark."

I could have swore I remember mike murphy having a patent on a system that had a passage through the very back corner of the hull on each side.

So it acted sort of like a jet boats pump path but was just a passthrough.

It had a intake flap and a exit diverter so you could close it and the boat runs high or open it and divert the flow up forcing the boat deep into the water.

I'd link it but looks like his website is down.

Maybe this is that system.

I could have swore I remember mike murphy having a patent on a system that had a passage through the very back corner of the hull on each side.

So it acted sort of like a jet boats pump path but was just a passthrough.

It had a intake flap and a exit diverter so you could close it and the boat runs high or open it and divert the flow up forcing the boat deep into the water.

I'd link it but looks like his website is down.

Maybe this is that system.

That's a great idea that would probably work pretty well if it were large enough.

Seems like if it's just a channel in the back of the hull, it would just be a passage to allow one side of the wake to rise earlier than the other. Could make for a wave like a constant double-up. Want to see more.

I am sure the msrp of that one is over 100k. Hell some of the lsv 23s I have seen have an msrp over 100k!

Yea but if you pay anywhere close to MSRP, you were born a sucker.

Given the name "surfgate", I gotta suspect something like CC's hydrogate but on the sides. I suspect that the gate will not have as much to do with listing the boat but will crab the hull. I think that's the concept of Centurion's FX-22 with its "3 axis" marketing. If a gate will crab the hull enough without having to list the boat 25 degrees and overweight it, sounds like a winner in my book.

Given the name "surfgate", I gotta suspect something like CC's hydrogate but on the sides. I suspect that the gate will not have as much to do with listing the boat but will crab the hull. I think that's the concept of Centurion's FX-22 with its "3 axis" marketing. If a gate will crab the hull enough without having to list the boat 25 degrees and overweight it, sounds like a winner in my book.

Crab, like an old ford van or pickup with the rear axle out of alignment so it goes down road sorta sideways?

Kinda funny the things I take for granted. Living in So Cal, I guess if we want to surf, we go to the beach, not drop 80k on boat. Not saying surfing isnt a nice change up from time to time, but It's nothing I would ever consider when buying a boat. Before I get flamed, I don't see a huge wake here

Kinda funny the things I take for granted. Living in So Cal, I guess if we want to surf, we go to the beach, not drop 80k on boat. Not saying surfing isnt a nice change up from time to time, but It's nothing I would ever consider when buying a boat. Before I get flamed, I don't see a huge wake here

Probably having just as much fun too.

No but I see a huge surfboard and it's nearly touching the back of an outboard motor :no: .

You're right...I see someone who's gonna lose an arm from surfing behind a outboard.

Im pretty sure no one will buy the boat just for surfing. We use our boat for cruising as well and the occasional air chair session.