Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2000 malibu 23 lsv wakesetter setup

jasonba1

I recently bought a 2000 23 lsv wakesetter setup and right now all I have is the wedge and the center bag (MLS) and the wakeboard wake is pretty good but the surf wake is horrible. What is everyone running that has this boat for surfing....Are you using 400 or 750bags in the back or what ? also what are you running in the front. ONe last question wedge down or up ? Sorry for all of the questions just didnt want to order a bunch of stuff and it not be right thank so much in advance.

I have the same boat. We use an 1100# sack in the surf side locker, wedge down, 600# in ski locker, and 500# sack either in the bow or the under the seats on the surf side depending on how many people are in the boat. Wake for us is noticeably better on the goofy side but pretty good for both. Speed is about 10.5. Amazing to me how sensitive the surf wake is. Hope that helps.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2

on my 01 , 21ft we piggy back 450's surf side locker, center MLS sac, and another 450 on the surf side seat. (have not used my wedge surfing yet , just installed last week)

fortunately or unfortunately depending on how you look at it i generally only have 3-4 in my boat, more ride time for me, and we can get a pretty sweet wave with this set up,

https://picasaweb.google.com/102487146968805536249/MalibuCrew#5755961586365036354

I get a great wakesurf wake with that hull. We put 1100lbs bag in the locker, 370lbs tube sac under the side seat, and 400lbs sac in the bow on surf side, and the center stock ballast full @ 10.5mph w/ wedge down.

I have surfed the Tige Z3, RZ2, Supreme V226, and Centurion Enzos and Avalanches and this Malibu with that ballast is almost on par.

It is a long and tall wake with good push. It is very steep though, similar to a Tige, but with less of a lip.

My batteries were already under the observer seat.

I recommend moving your batteries if they are in the back locker. You need the room for ballast

Yes, I had to move the battery to the observer compartment. It was a pain and the copper was $ but worth it in the end. I used 15' length wire for the runs.

Good stuff. If you decide to plumb in the bags let me know. I learned a lot from the kind people on this board and from first hand experience. I think I can help you avoid some pain. For the tinned battery cable I would recommend an online store called great lakes skipper. Good luck!

I would like to hear how you ran your system. I am planning on doing mine soon. I will probably do 750's in the rear, 370 tube sacs on the sides under the seats, another 370 tube in the locker. I would like to run these off of two pumps wyed. I am unsure what to do with the bow. I have three options.

1. run it to the bags where the coolers used to be. I can probably only fit around 150 lbs in each.

2. 250 lb side sac abve the ski locker and under the middle bow

3. run a hose to the sides and have 250's on top of the seats.

I will be using the reversible pumps. I would like to be able to do it using three of these with some wye's and valves.I know a few of you have plumbed ballast into the same or very similar boats. Any input would be appreciated

Edited by Simo

Simo, we are plumbing it in soon. I'm sure we will do a write up.

Use the 1100 instead if the 750. The push is much better. That hull needs all the help it can get.