Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Discontinue the CFT tower?

millertw

I think we are going to have to go with the Illusion. When sitting in the boat, field of view is important, and nothing is better than the Illusion X. Plus looking at all the accessories out there, I feel it can be really decked out. And the look, well that's a no brainer.. We will post pics once the whole thing is done. We went with fro bottom, black, yellow(graphics section), black, yellow, black, white. Hull white. Can't wait for this summer.

As fugly as that rack is, it seems very convenient.

Yeah, I need a place for all my inner tubes.

BWAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

RR - you've got to quote better sources than a gas station attendant.

Did he have the number '3' shaved out of his back hair? Tongue.gif

Go with the tubing - or go home.

Did he have the number '3' shaved out of his back hair? I bet this guy's a gas station attendant. Tongue.gif

That's downright disgusting... Yuk.gif

Did he have the number '3' shaved out of his back hair? I bet this guy's a gas station attendant. Tongue.gif

That's downright disgusting... Yuk.gif

Gives new meaning to the old cleche 'enough hair on my a$$ to weave an Indian Blanket' Vomit.gif

I think we are going to have to go with the Illusion. When sitting in the boat, field of view is important, and nothing is better than the Illusion X. Plus looking at all the accessories out there, I feel it can be really decked out. And the look, well that's a no brainer.. We will post pics once the whole thing is done. We went with fro bottom, black, yellow(graphics section), black, yellow, black, white. Hull white. Can't wait for this summer.

Here is a pic I took at the Memphis Boat Show. Is this close except for the front black? Nice!!!

post-68-1140116507_thumb.jpg

Can the Illusion be mounted on a '98 Sunsetter?

Isn't the older Sunsetter a few inches narrower than the new ones? The 98 hull would be the same as the new Ride series boats. So I think the Illusion tower would have to be built for a Ride hull.

I've been wanting to setup a tower with dual tower mirrors. And that isn't happening on the Illusion.

Isn't the older Sunsetter a few inches narrower than the new ones? The 98 hull would be the same as the new Ride series boats. So I think the Illusion tower would have to be built for a Ride hull.

I have an 01 Sunsetter and when I inquired on a Titan III, I was told the Ride series was the right size for my boat. So I'd say you are right. Are the newer models wider though?

HEY BOY!!! you making fun of NASCAR!!! or the gas station attendent cause he said that I was purrty, EITHER WAY THEM IS FIGHT'N WORDS!!!

HEY BOY!!! you making fun of NASCAR!!! or the gas station attendent cause he said that I was purrty, EITHER WAY THEM IS FIGHT'N WORDS!!!

Yes, on BOTH fronts. Tongue.gif

Yes, on BOTH fronts. Tongue.gif

Meet me at the flag pole if you ain't skewered... Bash.gif

I have an 01 Sunsetter and when I inquired on a Titan III, I was told the Ride series was the right size for my boat. So I'd say you are right. Are the newer models wider though?

The V-ride beam is 93.5" wide while the new VLX is 98". Your 98' has a 93.5" beam.

thanks for the pic of the yellow black, 247. We are diggin the color scheme, the only difference being the black front, which we think will make it even that much bettter lookin.

Our 247 is being built right now in Merced. Apparently something is going on with the CFT tower that we want on it. They called and told us to choose another one, and that they don't have the CFT right now. Does anybody have any information on what is going on? Are the requests up, and the aerospace company can't keep up with demand, or is it another issue. Thanks.

I wanted one on my 247 and the word from the factory was that there was a stability issue on the 247 because of the beam width. According to them there was a lot of vibration at normal speeds. I spoke to the dealer this weekend and he said that he was told that Malibu was not accepting any new orders for the blade, he thinks there are more issues than with the demand!

I love the IllusionX. The bimini has been great and it really is a new signature look for Malibu. Plus, it'll be easier for the BuCrew to find you on the water. JMO.

what bimini do you have. What have you heard about the new big one they have. Any words anybody.. Should we go standard, towerbimini, or the Z5

thanks for the pic of the yellow black, 247. We are diggin the color scheme, the only difference being the black front, which we think will make it even that much bettter lookin.

I got a pic from the factory on a beautiful yellow/black 247. I'll post it from work tomorrow.

that might be ours if it's from bottom, black yellow black yellow, and a little black on the bow. I'll check back. tomorrow. We asked for pics, but it went into production ahead of schedule, and they said it was too late.