Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Convinced of the Wet Sounds REV 10

Smalsv

Gentleman, I'm breaking down and dropping the $1200 is takes to purchase a pair of REV 10s. Just ordered them. You guys defended this expensive option a couple of weeks ago to the point I am purchasing some for myself. I truly thought that was a ridiculous amount of money to spend on a pair of boat tower speakers. After reading all your comments about the performance of your own, I just had to have some for myself. I'll have to admit, the YOU TUBE video with Journey playing for two minutes had a great effect on my opinion as well. Very Impressive video. He must have pulled 200 yards away. WOW!!!! I want that for my BU. Now that being said: What are you guys powering them with. My thought is two Kicker ZX 500.1s (at 250 watts RMS @ a 4 ohm load). That should give me about as a clean signal amplification as you could expect. I'm already running a Kicker ZX 750.5 on my 12 Rockford Sub and four mains Kicker 6.5" + JVC factory 50 X 4 (I'm using two channels for my bow speakers) on my bow speakers. I have quite a few comments on the system already. I just need sound BEHIND the boat for surfing, wake boarding, and tubing. Good ole' mood music to pump up the mood and volume. Tell me what you are powering your WET SOUND REV 10s with!!!!!!! SELL ME AGAIN!!!!!!!

Congrats, 50% of the guys on here instantly hate you because of your public embrace of the Rev10s. Yep I like them too, they sound great.

I have them bridged x2 on a Fosgate T600-4, each getting approx 350 watts.

Gentleman, I'm breaking down and dropping the $1200 is takes to purchase a pair of REV 10s. Just ordered them. You guys defended this expensive option a couple of weeks ago to the point I am purchasing some for myself. I truly thought that was a ridiculous amount of money to spend on a pair of boat tower speakers. After reading all your comments about the performance of your own, I just had to have some for myself. I'll have to admit, the YOU TUBE video with Journey playing for two minutes had a great effect on my opinion as well. Very Impressive video. He must have pulled 200 yards away. WOW!!!! I want that for my BU. Now that being said: What are you guys powering them with. My thought is two Kicker ZX 500.1s (at 250 watts RMS @ a 4 ohm load). That should give me about as a clean signal amplification as you could expect. I'm already running a Kicker ZX 750.5 on my 12 Rockford Sub and four mains Kicker 6.5" + JVC factory 50 X 4 (I'm using two channels for my bow speakers) on my bow speakers. I have quite a few comments on the system already. I just need sound BEHIND the boat for surfing, wake boarding, and tubing. Good ole' mood music to pump up the mood and volume. Tell me what you are powering your WET SOUND REV 10s with!!!!!!! SELL ME AGAIN!!!!!!!

You know it was not the Rev 10's But it had to be Journey...LOL I'm sure they sound Great! I have yet to hear anything sound better then the Rev's and XM9's out there, everything else sound like AM Radio from a distance, Enjoy them!! Edited by Wakesetter67
  • Like 3

Congrats, 50% of the guys on here instantly hate you because of your public embrace of the Rev10s. Yep I like them too, they sound great.

Some might come off with a negative tone towards brands that they don't own, but this guy is not part of the "50%"... Any amp from Wetsounds, Kicker, ARC Audio, Exile or other premium brand should get the job done. Just make 100% sure you don't under power them.

You made a great choice, now buy some amps and get them installed!

• Like 1

i realize that Kicker is not the most popular brand on this forum, but I'm always looking for VALUE (defined by the "Best Bang for the BUCK). I don't mind spending money, but I do expect the most for my dollar. I believe that Kicker is part of this category. If someone has had a great experience with another brand: FANTASTIC. My hats off to many car/marine electronics manufactures. I've owned many brands of car, marine, and home audio over the last 30 years (I'm 45). I feel like my experience is as good as any. I have friends who purchase $150K of McIntosh home audio. I don't, but certainly don't hesitate to praise their system and enjoy it with them. To each their own. Everyone has something they will drop big money on. Wine, women, and song is usually a part of those vices we all seem to be intrigued by. God designed us to enjoy life. Nothing wrong with enjoying the fruits of our labor.

• Like 1

You know it was not the Rev 10's But it had to be Journey...LOL I'm sure they sound Great! I have yet to hear anything sound better then the Rev's and XM9's out there, everything else sound like AM Radio from a distance, Enjoy them!!

Was that your system?

Was that your system?

If so, it was kick a**!! I can appreciate a when a great plan comes together for anyone.

I have them bridged x2 on a Fosgate T600-4, each getting approx 350 watts.

I appreciate you sharing that information. I looked at the Rockford Marine M600-4D site and saw Marine version. I think the would be perfect. It's actually 300 X 2 Watts RMS @ 4 ohms (Bridged). That maxes out the Rev 10s. That is a perfect union. I think I'll have that installed with my Rev 10s. Thanks.

Some might come off with a negative tone towards brands that they don't own, but this guy is not part of the "50%"... Any amp from Wetsounds, Kicker, ARC Audio, Exile or other premium brand should get the job done. Just make 100% sure you don't under power them.

You made a great choice, now buy some amps and get them installed!

Then get them installed and post some pics!

Was that your system?

I was just messing with you on the Journey thing, i have a close association with journey so it had to be the band, I have heard them both and you cant go wrong with any of the high end HLCD, I have the XM9's Big stereos have been a hobby for years, You will absolutely love yours if you have all the pieces, Amps, tuning etc..We had quite a few other brands of systems in camp this last weekend and no other system even came close to the sound these brand of HLCD put out. So enjoy and show some pic's or maybe even another Journey Vid...LOL

I appreciate you sharing that information. I looked at the Rockford Marine M600-4D site and saw Marine version. I think the would be perfect. It's actually 300 X 2 Watts RMS @ 4 ohms (Bridged). That maxes out the Rev 10s. That is a perfect union. I think I'll have that installed with my Rev 10s. Thanks.

Smalsv- go bigger on the amp buddy. That 300 x 2 is under perfect conditions at 14.4v. They can handle more, I'd recommend a true 350-375ea at 14.4v, just watch your crossover freq and don't try to use them as subs. A true 350-375 ea is just about right, tuned well they will blow your mind.

If you are going to pop the coin for these, don't skimp on the amp or wiring.

Look at

Arc Audio ks600.2

Fosgate T600-4

Exile harpoon

Wetsounds HT2

I'm pretty sure the zx 500.1 is a sub amp. wrong amp for these speakers.

a pair of kicker ix 500.2's would be ideal (in addition to all of the amps already listed).

If you are going to pop the coin for these, don't skimp on the amp or wiring.

We should really have some sort of a sticky thread and this should be in the top 5 of things you MUST do when you upgrade to higher end sound in your boat.

Rev 10s are a 300 RMS and 600 peak Watt speaker. I'm assuming by the comments, you guys are using more power than 300 per speaker. I'm listening. I don't mind buying more power, but what I don't' want to do is overpower the speakers. I have had good luck in the past powering speakers at their max RMS. I'll have to admit, I don't usually go over the RMS rated maximum, so I don't really know what that experience is.I'm listening gentleman.

250 is a bit light for a 10" HLCD, unless your goal is surf specific. There are plenty of 4 chnl amps out there that would deliver that kind of power, and more, to a pair of speakers when run in 2 chnl mode. This would give you a single amp install, rather then two. But its not the low power that you need to be aware of here. In order to drive full-range or HLCD speakers with a mono amp, it needs to be a full-range (needs a hi-pass setting) amp. The manufacturer of your speakers has two 4 chnl amps out right now that will deliver plenty of power (one does 300 x 2 bridged and the other does 400 x 2 bridged) and a 2 chnl on the way that will do 400W to a single pair and 300+ to each with 2 pair. Use the speaker's RMS and Peak as a guideline.

i am running my 2 sets of rev 10s with 2 syn 4 bridged. so that 400watts and they rip. they need more than the 300 to get the very best out of them. the mhd750.1 jl can also work. or the jl mhd600.4 bridged for 300rms. they rate the speaker well below the capablility. you dont need to crank the gains with the larger amp and the amp will not tax itself to keep up. the arc 600x2 would work well too. i am not sure about the new ht from wetsounds, but they built them for a better price point amp. i am sure they will crank too. you will love them. congrats

• Like 1

Thanks gentleman. I appreciate the advice. I'm installing on Monday of next week. I'll give you feedback when It's all installed. Until then, I"ll leave the amp info quite. I'll wait and see what I think, then I'll reveal the "GOODS".My expectations are very high after all of your praise. I'm sure I won't be disappointed. Thanks again for all of your help.

Cant go wromg with the WS amps Syn4 or Syn2 or the ArcAudio amps. Marine application tested and proven to operate and crank the HLCD's at lower than optimum voltage. IMHO look to get a WS or ArcAudio amps and you will never be dissapointed. I love my WS gear. Thye are a great company to work with.

I am running two pairs of Rev10s with a pair of arc audio ks600's amps.. And they rip!! Two weekends ago a close friend of mine who just had a full exile system installed with four xm9's took two pulls behind my boat and immediately went home and removed his xm's and ordered rev10's!! This things are truly awesome you wont regret spending the extra scratch on these!

• Like 1

Just installed 2 Wetsound Rev 10's on my tower along with 4 XS-650's in boat. I left my sub alone. I have 3 amps (totalling about 3000 watts) powering the two tower, 4 boat and single 12" sub. More than I could ever ask for. The wetsounds line is unreal and the REV 10's are were its at. So loud and clean when boarding, and deafening for anyone in the back of the boat or anyone surfing. I would also invest in Wetsounds WS-420 EQ. Gives you independant tower and boat volume control along with seperate sub control and a microphone for talking with your rider. Also gives you the ability to daisychain boats stereos together when having a beach party. Absolute must have.

Enjoy!!!

I am running two pairs of Rev10s with a pair of arc audio ks600's amps.. And they rip!! Two weekends ago a close friend of mine who just had a full exile system installed with four xm9's took two pulls behind my boat and immediately went home and removed his xm's and ordered rev10's!! This things are truly awesome you wont regret spending the extra scratch on these!

Is his Exile stuff up for sale? I have someone would love to score a deal if he is swapping out his stuff.

Edited by JTech

Your setup sounds killer! I have been debating on whether or not I should add another set of Rev 10's to my tower. I am also a huge fan of the Arc Audio stuff but I think I am going to wait until Tim and WetSounds release the new Sinister amps to the marketplace.

I have heard that Wet Sounds has SO much stuff to drop on the market this year - some of these things will be a game changers....I guess we will have to wait and see.

As they "Hearing is Believing"

Just got the Rev10s in the today. They look awesome. I'll have them installed on Monday. Rockford M600-4D I have to mate to them I"m questioning a bit. It's performance sheet says 786 RMS Watts performance, but I'm not used to Digital amps being so light in weight. Back in the day, if the amp wasn't heavy in weight, it wasn't worth a dime. Light meant cheap!!!!!! I'm not sure I'm not going to mate them to a Rockford T800 ad (400 X 2 RMS). I'll certainly hafta drop a bit more money, but I want PERFORMANCE and CLEAN POWER!!!!!!!!!. I'm sure this will stir you guys up a bit.

Just got the Rev10s in the today. They look awesome. I'll have them installed on Monday. Rockford M600-4D I have to mate to them I"m questioning a bit. It's performance sheet says 786 RMS Watts performance, but I'm not used to Digital amps being so light in weight. Back in the day, if the amp wasn't heavy in weight, it wasn't worth a dime. Light meant cheap!!!!!! I'm not sure I'm not going to mate them to a Rockford T800 ad (400 X 2 RMS). I'll certainly hafta drop a bit more money, but I want PERFORMANCE and CLEAN POWER!!!!!!!!!. I'm sure this will stir you guys up a bit.

Yeah, it doesn't make sense to spend a G on towers and skimp on the amp. Spend the $$$ now and enjoy it the rest of the summer.