Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Amp and sub

Bigdock

Just got my head unit put in over the weekend tons better than what I had but now I'm ready for a sub and amps looking at a jl 12 and a fosgate amp but can I power the boat speakers and a subwoofer of the same amp thanks for the input

What amp are you running? If it has enough power, you could run caps on your other speakers and a coil on the sub, but 99% of the time that's not the way it is generally done. I would run a seperate amp if buying equipment. My current setup was inherited with the boat and it has a 5 channel amp that powers my coaxials and the sub.

I was looking at a fosgate 400 watt 4 channel amp for the boat speakers and haven't really looked for a sub amp yet is it really going to make a difference to put an amp on the 4 boat speakers? And forgot to mention all this is in a 89 euro f3

I now have 4 Polk audio db 1605 in the cabin was looking at a 400 watt 4 channel fosgate amp would that be enough to push the 4 polks and a small 10" sub?

Yea I got a good buddy that deals alot of jl stuff I didn't even think of him the speakers are 100 watt rms so I could run two speakers off of one channel then two more off the second channel and bridge the last two channels together for my sub correct?

Exactly, it's a little pricey but from what I hear it's a very nice amp and for the power it puts out its pretty small in size.
so you don't have one? What are you running?

If I had to run a 5 channel in your shoes, it'd be:

Polk D5000.5, NVX JAD900.5, PPI 900.5, Hertz HPD5

Same board, basically same amp and quality on all so far has been fine.

No I don't have one, my buddy runs one in his centurion seems to work great running his 4 inboats and a jl w3 10.i have 4 fosgates 5 1/4's (swapping to 6.5's soon) running off a fosgate 400w, 2 p3 10's powered by a fosgate p 700.1, wetsounds 3 some on the tower with a syn 6 amp.