Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Alpha speaker recommendation

aquaman

^^^^ The Alpha-1 pods are round 6.5" pods and the WS Pro-696 are oval 6x9 inch.

Aquaman, there are more good choices for a 6.5 surf speaker, then I can shake a stick at......what are your goals? There are not too many 6.5 HLCD's though. If you can score a 2nd pair of Alpha-1 pods, there's an HLCD option that also sounds pleasant new field. Amp power sill also play a roll in output.

Mla, I know this sounds crazy but I have 12 tower speakers. 4 ws pro696 and the other 8 are the 6.5 mb Titan 1 cans. Power is not an issue but quality is. I looked at the kicker hlcd and heard mixed reviews. I want a great quality speaker for wake boarding without having to replace the cans. I was wondering if ws can send me just the speaker and not the complete can setup? Do you know of any other hlcd out there? Thanks

Mla, I know this sounds crazy but I have 12 tower speakers. 4 ws pro696 and the other 8 are the 6.5 mb Titan 1 cans. Power is not an issue but quality is. I looked at the kicker hlcd and heard mixed reviews. I want a great quality speaker for wake boarding without having to replace the cans. I was wondering if ws can send me just the speaker and not the complete can setup? Do you know of any other hlcd out there? Thanks

What speaker are you wanting without the pod? They offer two different 6.5" series coax speakers, but no longer offer a 6.5 HLCD, even though it was never available as a raw driver. I do not know of a 6.5 HLCD in a raw driver that I would (or could) recommend. Getting a listen to any contenders is important.

Should I call ws and see what they have to offer? I just want something with great clarity and I don't have to pay 1500. I've used Boston, and jl in the past but only in the automotive setting. My 6x9 mb quart that I used to have melted from the arizona heat. Not sure on the brand for the pod tho.