Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

A few questions on my new vlx

jb 156

Does anyone have speakers mounted in the pockets of their walk through to the bow? Also if you do I would love to see some pictures of the front and back of the speakers how they are mounted. My bu came with stereo pack 2 and I am putting in two speakers to take it up to pack 3 level. Woul love to see a factory install.

Thanks this forum has helped so much already.

I just added the holes to my LSV very easy, four bolts on the back side of the walk through wall and then the panel comes off. once the panel is off there are 6 screws holding the bin in and the SS crossbar, the pocket pops out and the back is basicall 8" x 8" found the center and rotozipped one 5" hole took about 20 minutes a side. I did dynamat the backside of the pocket and used a backer ring for the speaker to mount to --- very thin material in there .

Yes I was looking at it last night and it is very thin material, the dynomat is a good idea. If i get into doing it I will take pic's and try to do a write up.

83 thanks for the input, very easy job just like you said four bolts, some screws, and a rotozip and i have it done! Little bit of a pucker factor when cutting holes in a boat with only 10 hours on it!