Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

07 VTX - need some advise on a bigger wake

Lowder24

Anyone have advise? My son and I have been also riding behind a 04 Natique and the wake is super aggresive? Love it but not willing to trade in the Malibu for another boat. Trying to at least put some more size on our wake riding just the 2 of us and want to do it without having a sac on the back seat and filling with a portable pump. Would like to build in additional pump/sacs and need some advise on what works. THANKS!

Are you running all stock full plus wedge at 75 or 88%? If so and you dont want to add any other ballast then thats the best you will get (that is more than fine for most). If you want more weight you can run 750's in the rear locker but then you will need at least 400 in the bow and 400 in the walkway and the wake will be killer. Keep in mind the VTX is a great boat but the wake will not be as agressive as a dedicated wakeboard boat without some additional weight. Here is a link to my ballast install on my 2012 VTX http://www.themalibucrew.com/forums/index.php?/topic/37736-new-custom-ballast-set-up/

Edited by old skool malibu

I also have the 07 vtx and have been working on perfecting the wake for my riding style. Here's how i have mine set up.

Normally just two or three of us on the boat.

Wake Hull.

Factory ballast with the bow tank ( a must)

Fly High W701 Pro X Series 400 V-drive Ballast Sacs plumbed in piggyback for filling, dedicated drain pump for each bag.

About 200 lbs additional weight in the bow, whether it's people, or another ballast bag.

Power Wedge 80%

Rope length-80 ft Speed 25mph.

Still nice and rampy with a solid lip at the top. Speed really helps here in my situation, noticed anything slower than 24.5 the wake just isnt as solid.