Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Jabsco Pump and MLS

2011vtxny

Malibu (liquor) promo girls. I just thought they would be a fitting symbol as they had "Malibu" written across their assets.

Okay, so i sat down with my laptop last and practiced using paint. I have a drawing for the control unit. Once I finalize it and then sketch out the "hydro" part of it I will pst it here. May be tonight sometime.

It looks like I may not have privileges to copy photo images onto this website. Is that something I need to request from one of the site administrators? If needbe I can send the 2 files via an attachment to someone here and have them post it.

It looks like I may not have privileges to copy photo images onto this website. Is that something I need to request from one of the site administrators? If needbe I can send the 2 files via an attachment to someone here and have them post it.

You need to be a paid Crew Member in order to use the website to host an image, otherwise you need to use a image hosing site, such as Image Shack.

Nitro, I realize that now. I was a paid member a couple years ago but haven't paid my dues lately. I will fix that soon. Thanks for the reminder.

Thanks for all the help.

Wired everything today and my Jabsco works through my MLS!

All I have to do is plumb my bow bag and I'm complete.

All in all not too bad. Just required a little research and learning or an electronics novice

I am sorry that I have not seen this post sooner, but I was at Lake Powell...hehe :biggrin:

But with the utmost respect, I don't see a need for a relay here. The switch itself is rated to 20 amps, and your pumps will draw much less than that. So I would (and did) run my pump (actually a Johnson, but the same thing) directly through the Malibu switch without using the switch to a relay. That just adds a level of extra complexity. You have to run new wires to your switch, but you are running new wires to your relay anyway.

http://www.bakesonline.com/detail.aspx?ID=1097

I am sorry that I have not seen this post sooner, but I was at Lake Powell...hehe :biggrin:

But with the utmost respect, I don't see a need for a relay here. The switch itself is rated to 20 amps, and your pumps will draw much less than that. So I would (and did) run my pump (actually a Johnson, but the same thing) directly through the Malibu switch without using the switch to a relay. That just adds a level of extra complexity. You have to run new wires to your switch, but you are running new wires to your relay anyway.

http://www.bakesonli...il.aspx?ID=1097

another place for switches (just check the following pages for the switch covers) (quite inexpensive): http://www.waytekwire.com/products/1407/Carling-Rocker-Switches/

The whole point of this as to safely wire in my reversible pump to my maliview touch screen. All the research I found had the maliview system rated at 5 amps and the last thing I wanted to do was risk damaging the computer. I can only shudder at the replacement cost of the system!

http://www.bakesonli...il.aspx?ID=1097

This was to integrate the Jabsco pumps with the MLS on a 2011 VTX (which has no physical switches).