Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2007 VLX Power Wedge Calibration?

Just replaced the battery in 2007 Malibu VLX with Monsoon 340 because the previous battery had been drained to nothing. Wedge gauge is reading incorrectly and computer reads that wedge is down regardless of position which activates the wedge down speed limiter at 27mph.

I read that you go to the "service" selection on the screen and then to "power wedge" selection. When "power wedge" is selected I can choose from "present" or "N/A". When I select either one it blinks but offers no other options. From what I read, when "present" is selected I should be offered calibration options.

I called the Tennessee plant and they said take it to the dealer.

Anybody familiar with this situation?

Thanks in Raleigh, NC.

• 9 months later...

Main LCD

Setup

Service

Power Wedge

Scroll Down and Select Calibrate Down

Manually hit down button and put the wedge all the way down

click E button on LCD to confirm and calibrate down

Scroll down and Select Calibrate Up

Manually hit up button and put the wedge all the way up

click E button on LCD to confirm and calibrate up

Done Calibrating.

• 1 month later...

Bringing this back up to see if anyone has found a fix.

I'm having the same problem except the limiter doesn't seem to be active, I can go as fast as I want.

I tried to follow the instruction from the above link but mine is not the same. My screen only shows PW Present, it doesn't have Calibrate as an option.

I believe the wedge can be raised and lowered at any speed above 1mph. I am always worried to make changes to its position while at wakeboarding speeds of 21mph+. Anyone know if doing so causes more workforce on the actuators that could lead to reduced life or potential for mechanical problems?

I don't think that's a problem, it's what they are made for. I got about 530 hrs on my boat and have never had a problem with the actuators and we always adjust the wedge after we get on plain.

A 2007 doesn't have a calibration option. With mine, I just pushed the switch to fully lower the wedge and then spun the paddle wheel to trick the boat into thinking it was moving. When the wedge was fully up, the system was "reset" and gauge works just fine now. That's how I got mine to work, since there isn't an option for calibrate.

• 1 year later...

A 2007 doesn't have a calibration option. With mine, I just pushed the switch to fully lower the wedge and then spun the paddle wheel to trick the boat into thinking it was moving. When the wedge was fully up, the system was "reset" and gauge works just fine now. That's how I got mine to work, since there isn't an option for calibrate.

Hey Gorilla, how was your system just reset? I have also tried what you suggested and it has not reset mine. I also have a 2007 VLX...

• 4 years later...

There is not a calibration option on the 2007. For height adjustments you have physically adjust the bolts on the top of the PW. If the wedge will not go up and down or stuck down, one or both of your actuators have gone bad (mine was water intrusion). I replaced both of my actuaors and it works as it is supposed to. 

• 1 year later...

I'm also having problems with my 07 VLX power wedge reading incorrectly . I replaced my battery and now have this problem like so many others . I can not calibrate my 07 wedge plate gauge by using the dash controls like some of the others have had success. The wedge goes up and down correctly but reads incorrect at dash gauge and sends off the alarm stating wedge is down even when it is in the up position . Please let me know if anybody has a solution for this problem 

• 4 years later...

Resurrecting this thread. Same issue on my 2007 new-to-me VLX. everything on the PW functions perfectly except the gauge and on the LCD screen there’s no calibration option, just present and N/A.

Did anyone ever find a fix?

The 2007 Malibu power wedge does not have an external position sensor, so there is no calibration.  The wedge position gauge is controlled by the Lenco control box under the dash. 

It is possible that if the original 3 lobe wedge actuators were replaced with 2012 or newer 5 Lobe actuators, and the original 3 Lobe control box is used, the gauge will not be accurate.  The 3 lobe actuators are no longer available, so a newer 5 lobe control box should be used with newer 5 lobe actuators to get the gauge to function normally. 

• Like 2