Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Surfin a 2010 VTX

02-Scape

What do I need to get started surfing in a VTX, I have tried a bit with the stock preset (I have just the 3 balast tanks), it is hard to keep the rope slack. Don't know if it's because I don't have enough wave, don't know how to surf or both. Was thinking of chucking a 400 lb bag in the locker. Any suggestions?

I'll vouch for that - you need weight in the boat.

Prime example. We used to just have the 750 lb sack in our VLX with stock tanks filled and the wave was tall but really short. You could easily find yourself runnin up on the back of the boat. This past weekend we did a 750 in the rear, 400 in the passenger side area and another 400 in the nose. Not only was the wave just as tall it was really long - you could drift back 15 to 18 ft from the platform and them come back in with plenty of room to play.

Wieght in the bow does two things - makes it wave longer and makes it easier to see when driving

Edited by Murphy8166

That sounds a bit extreme, it's just a 20' boat, does weight in the bow really help that much?

Depends on how long you want your wave, it will be tall and short (unless you speed up over 12mph) if you don't have weight in bow.