Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

1100 Lb bag in a `05 Wakesetter - Need floor reinforcement?

West Coast Rider

Hi guys,

For those of you running the 1100 lb bags in the rear lockers, do you need to do anything to the floor, ie reinforcement with aluminium or SS tubing?

I know that you must reinforce the engine divider. But do you have to do anything to the floor to support the weight of the 1100 lb bag?

Or is it just a matter of making sure the underfloor hard tank is full of water first then start filling the 1100 bag?

Thanks for the help, just looking not to break my floor.

Edited by West Coast Rider

WCR, I haven't heard of anyone reinforcing the floors yet or of a need to do so. I personally haven't run across any problems with the floor or the divider. And if you pull the panels up on the newer models there is really no "easy" way to reinforce the floor. It can be done, but it would be alot of work with little return on the investment considering no one is having problems.

if i were going with 750's or more, i'd just pull out the floors and hard tanks back there and use only the bag, should make alot more room too

Easier said than done with the floor paneled years. You would literally have to cut the plastic floors into sections to get them out. They are too long (atleast on mine) to be removed in one piece. I tried to pull the strbd one when I dropped a wrench down the side when I put my 1100 in. Thank god for flexible magnetic part grabbers!

I have run the 1100 in my rear locker for surfing... Although there isn't enough room to get it completely full. I might only get it 75% full or so. Never had any problems and never had to reinforce the engine wall divider either because when you surf, the bag leans away from the engine.

I am not sure what flooring you have on yours... The newer models have the 1/2" back plastic dimpled decking. No issues so far.

I have run the 1100 in my rear locker for surfing... Although there isn't enough room to get it completely full. I might only get it 75% full or so. Never had any problems and never had to reinforce the engine wall divider either because when you surf, the bag leans away from the engine.

I am not sure what flooring you have on yours... The newer models have the 1/2" back plastic dimpled decking. No issues so far.

Same here, I do always leave the table in it's storage location with a small towel over the post socket between the table and sac. I fill the bag to the bottom lip of the locker opening.

So why does everyone think filling the factory hard tanks will keep them from collapsing? It is a vented tank so the water offers basically no support. Any delection of the top of the tank just pushes water up the vent line. If you fill the tank then purge any air and plug the fill, drain, and vent lines then I could see it helping.

That being said I've run a 750 in the back with no problems. And I've also run a 400 in the back with the factory empty, had to outrun a storm and didn't have time to break out the pumps. Both with no problems.