Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New Content Glitch

jesutton3

Is anyone else having an occasional issue with the "View New Content" portion of the forum?

Usually when clicking on a new topic it takes me to the last read post. Since the upgrade this usually still works. However it often just opens up the thread at post #1.

Instead of clicking on the title of the thread, click on the little dot to the left of it and it will take you to the first unread post.

Instead of clicking on the title of the thread, click on the little dot to the left of it and it will take you to the first unread post.

Even when I do this, it sometimes does not take you to the correct post. It's usually when there are a lot of pictures in the thread and even worse when there are a lot of pictures in a single post.

However, it gets me close and that's all I really care about.

Since the upgrade, when I read a topic from "new content", and then go back to the list of posts, it takes me to the top of the page of posts and the one I just read is no longer there.

• 2 months later...

I now have a different new content issue.

After reading a few different threads I will go back to the new content only to get a "no new content" message. How long this takes varies. Sometimes it is one thread sometimes it is several.

This has happened on multiple machines as well.

Alright, as long as it's not a setting issue on your side that you could easily change. Unfortunately this appears to be a bug that they haven't fixed yet. I updated us to the latest version last night, but it's still present here & on other forums. Hopefully they'll get a patch out for it, since they know about it.

Is anyone else having an occasional issue with the "View New Content" portion of the forum?

Usually when clicking on a new topic it takes me to the last read post. Since the upgrade this usually still works. However it often just opens up the thread at post #1.

Major problems for me, there is no "new content" ever, I have to manually go back and view all the older posts... it sucks, I have talked to a moderator and they cant seem to figure it out. Happens regardless if I am on my droid phone or home PC.... last month it just started saying "no new content" everytime I chose to select new content. It makes it really challenging to stay connected to threads because of the high amount of activity on this forum. So if I dont ever follow up with you, thats the reason why.

Edited by Fman

Okay, so I've got things in place. I would recommend that everyone clean out their internet history, cache & cookies, & see what you get. I'm not very optimistic that what I've done will fix things, but stranger things have happened.