Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Group Buy, Custom Cooler for Under the Seat.

D-GOOSE

Custom replacement cooler  

191 members have voted

1. 1. Will you 100% buy a custom cooler when/if the GB happens.

• Yes, I'm 100% in. Cost about $70 plus shipping.
    • No. I might but can not commit all the way

Make sure you vote, when this go's live for pre-sales I will be pming people from the voting list. If you are not on the list you may miss out on the GB.

Still looking like delivery will be in Feb and will start the pre-sale in Jan. We will be the first to be able to have these coolers!!

Will the pocket on top for wallet, pda, keys be waterproof? Just don't want ice moisture leaching through. Thx

I'm with Bill on this one. With the thickness of the inner linner and insulation and outter fabric no mositure should be seen or felt on the outside of any of AO coolers. Well unless you have a hole in it. LOL

BTW, I got a couple of holes in the liner of my AO cooler. I assume it from bent cans being in there. They sell a $5 patch kit, some kind of peel & stick on whatever patch. Seems to have worked great. I just cleaned it out, inverted it, marked the holes, dried it out really good & stuck this stuff on it. Done.

Mine is about 5 or 6 yrs old. Used it this weekend & everything was bone dry.

• 3 weeks later...

Guys, just FYI, not trying to squash the efforts here....

I bought one of those hard sided retangular coleman coolers... And they do fit perfect under the seats. They only come in blue and red, but only 33$ shipped and fit roughly a 18-24 pack and ice.

Edited by nyryan2001
  • 2 weeks later...

I talked with AO coolers this last week and the order has went in. From this point we are looking at 8-10 weeks for them to be made and shipped to the U.S.

I'll keep you posted when things become a little clearer.

Look in the first post come Mid Jan for preorder info.

Right now the cooler will be classified as a 38 pack cooler.

• Like 2

They have over 500 on order and every one will have a chance to purchase. The biggest thing is the price. A special pre-order discount will be set up for Crew Members only. once the coolers hit the states the price will go up.