Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Group Buy, Custom Cooler for Under the Seat.

D-GOOSE

Custom replacement cooler  

191 members have voted

1. 1. Will you 100% buy a custom cooler when/if the GB happens.

• Yes, I'm 100% in. Cost about $70 plus shipping.
    • No. I might but can not commit all the way

Link to "most of you know" thread? Will this fit the current model cooler, ie: is this a cooler bag?

Edit: In for one, this is exactly what the wife was asking for!

Edited by JTech

Thanks for the clarification questions.

This is just like the factory Malibu cooler but one that will hold ice for 24 hours in 120 deg temps.

Their is no link to find the cooler that the GB will be on as it has never been produced. I have used the specs of the factory cooler as a guild line. This cooler will fit under the seat just like the one in the picture below.

post-235-0-82827700-1336453207_thumb.jpg

Interested. Mine has a 3" tear on the bottom. It leaked before, but it really leaks now. I'm looking for something not prone to the same problem. A plastic tub that fits inside the stock cooler maybe?

A cooler guaranteed to never leak or sweat because of our high quality vinyl liner.

A plastic insert will not keep the beer cold long.

I really miss the size of my cooler from my 2002 vlx, it could hold 90 beers and ice. I'm in, if it is garunteed not to leak, I'll just put it under the rear seat next to the cooler for more holding power.

So are you going to fulfill the orders only once you get 120 committed people? Are these going to be like the Polar Bear coolers? If so, I love mine and this is a great idea!

MalibuNation

Greg, I ust sped read this as I have to start work, do we have a size on this cooler, wondering if it will fit were my factory (non-bag) cooler is under one of my seats. Thanks!

Has anyone ever tried fitting one of these under the observer's seat in a Response LXi? That space is pretty shallow, so I'm not sure it will fit.

wow cant believe you talked the price down from the $100+ when I tried to get something going with AO. This is a great deal!

Thanks for the clarification questions.

This is just like the factory Malibu cooler but one that will hold ice for 24 hours in 120 deg temps.

Their is no link to find the cooler that the GB will be on as it has never been produced. I have used the specs of the factory cooler as a guild line. This cooler will fit under the seat just like the one in the picture below.

So are you going to fulfill the orders only once you get 120 committed people? Are these going to be like the Polar Bear coolers? If so, I love mine and this is a great idea!

Yes we need the 120 orders or as Blitzed indicated the price would be $100+

The cooler would be from AO and is just like the Polar Bear.

wow cant believe you talked the price down from the $100+ when I tried to get something going with AO. This is a great deal!

The power of a GB and.............

Has anyone ever tried fitting one of these under the observer's seat in a Response LXi? That space is pretty shallow, so I'm not sure it will fit.

What are the dimensions?

I'm in for sure. Thanks for working on this Greg.

I'll be sending an email to my budides who own Malibu boats & calling my local Malibu dealer, Coeur d'Alene Yacht Club, to see if we can get him to send an email around to his own past accounts.

Also wondering about contacting owners of other brand boats. Greg, do you have any idea what kind of logos will be on these custom coolers?

I'm in for sure. Thanks for working on this Greg.

I'll be sending an email to my budides who own Malibu boats & calling my local Malibu dealer, Coeur d'Alene Yacht Club, to see if we can get him to send an email around to his own past accounts.

Also wondering about contacting owners of other brand boats. Greg, do you have any idea what kind of logos will be on these custom coolers?

The more people that know the better odds we have of this deal happening.

Their is no logo (keeps the cost down) on the coolers to make it simple and for any brand of boat owner to order.

I dont see why it wont, but just to be sure...will it fit the 2011/12 boats?

If so, I'm in.

Did your boat come with a Malibu cooler?

I'm in for one.... I'll see if I can find anyone else interested as well....

I also forwarded the info to my dealer.... Maybe we can get some dealers in on this. They could purchase some coolers for stock, and sell them as an upgraded cooler. I'm sure there are lots of people buying Malibu boats that don't have any idea this site exists, or would even use it if they did know about it. If dealers had coolers sitting in their showroom, and people could compare to the factory bag, I'm sure it would be an easy sale.