Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Group Buy, Custom Cooler for Under the Seat.

D-GOOSE

Custom replacement cooler  

191 members have voted

1. 1. Will you 100% buy a custom cooler when/if the GB happens.

• Yes, I'm 100% in. Cost about $70 plus shipping.
    • No. I might but can not commit all the way

Thanks Bill for filling in so much of the details about the AO coolers. This cooler has never been produced and the crew will be the first to have their hands on them if we can get the numbers. The quality, warranty, workmanship and customer service is the same as all the other cooler they sell.

I believe Malibu only sells one size soft side cooler. The great thing about the soft side is it will fit in a little smaller area and it will fit under just about any boat seat. I'm sure it would even fit under the front bow seat (back large area that is).

Please VOTE!

I took a couple pics of my backpack this evening. Maybe it'll give some of you an idea of what we'll end up with. This is their Carbon series... has sort of a carbon fiber texture to it. But the liner is the same as all their coolers. It's got 10 beers & 4 waters in it & it's about 1/2 full.

AJcooler.jpg

Nice, I dont want the one that says "Air Junky" and comes with Keystone ;)

Nice, I dont want the one that says "Air Junky" and comes with Keystone ;)

Ha! good thing, cuz you can't have it. :rockon:

Most of that beer is gone after a day on the lake yesterday anyway. Time to get some new beer.

Come on people get your votes in. Looks like we have 40 yes votes so far, only 80 more to go!

Edited by old skool malibu

My factory cooler was leaking before the end of the first year. I also bought a couple of the AO coolers. The liner in the AO feels to be about 4x thicker than the Malibu one. This is a great deal. If we can't get to the $70 mark hopefully we will have enough of us to get something made at a higher price. Anything under a $100 is an easy decision for the quality of this cooler.

Has anyone ever tried fitting one of these under the observer's seat in a Response LXi? That space is pretty shallow, so I'm not sure it will fit.

Just went out and did a quick measurement on my '03, looks pretty close. Length and width look like they are fine to hold the 24"x14" dimensions. Might be a little snug on the depth though: 8" at the edge of the seat, but only 6.5" at the seat back. Presuming this is a soft side cooler, it should just squeeze down a bit. Put me in for one.

Looking at the AO Cooler website, what cooler is the one for the group buy? I want one now, I'm still in for the group by as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking at the AO Cooler website, what cooler is the one for the group buy? I want one now, I'm still in for the group by as well.

The group buy is for a custom cooler that needs to be custom ordered based on the dimensions of the built in cooler under the seat. Thats why we need at least 120 peeps to commit to ordering

Edited by Living the Dream

The group buy is for a custom cooler that needs to be custom ordered based on the dimensions of the built in cooler under the seat. Thats why we need at least 120 peeps to commit to ordering

Got it!

I'm in! I love my AO cooler and my Malibu one leaks a lot. I have never done a group buy before. How does it work? Do we pay AO coolers directly?

since my facory cooler leaked all over the bed of the truck, on the way to the lake, and got the towels wet, i am in - and the CFO will love it (it was her towels).

would be cool if we knew someone who was owner / leader of an on-line marine store or something like that. This would be an awesome product to sell like that .... :innocent: