Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Group Buy, Custom Cooler for Under the Seat.

D-GOOSE

Custom replacement cooler  

191 members have voted

1. 1. Will you 100% buy a custom cooler when/if the GB happens.

• Yes, I'm 100% in. Cost about $70 plus shipping.
    • No. I might but can not commit all the way

This would be great for dealers however, they would not be able to make to much on them unless they use your idea. Put them next to the factory cooler and price them a little higher. People would definitely pick the AO cooler.

I assume it's "VLX" specific? Looks teeny compared to the one in my LSV. I assume it'll just fit in the LSV cooler and not fill it up?

What are the sizes of the different bags? I only know Malibu to be selling or giving away one size bag.

Please give dimensions of the bags.

Maybe if I had a few dealers jump in and help with large orders then both of our prices may go down.

I assume it's "VLX" specific? Looks teeny compared to the one in my LSV. I assume it'll just fit in the LSV cooler and not fill it up?

I rode behind my buddies 2011 23' Vride last night..... same as the 04 - 07 LSV. The cooler space is definitely smaller, but the stock Malibu cooler bag does fit in it.

In my 05 Vride, which is the same as the 01 - 04 VLX, the cooler space is about a foot longer. The cooler bag fits in there with room to spare.

In for 1. I bought one of their standard coolers last year on the GB and it is amazing. Keeps stuff really cool and is super durable. You get what you pay for! I would encourage everyone to hop on this group buy as the stock cooler bag is junk in comparision to the AO cooler.

I dont see why it wont, but just to be sure...will it fit the 2011/12 boats?

If so, I'm in.

Greg, can you confirm and how are we looking on reaching our number?

If you have not voted in the poll please do as this is the way I'm counting orders.

Poll: Custom replacement cooler (32 member(s) have cast votes)

Will you 100% buy a custom cooler when/if the GB happens.

1. Yes, I'm 100% in. Cost about $70 plus shipping. (25 votes [78.12%] -
    Percentage of vote: 78.12%
  2. No. I might but can not commit all the way (7 votes [21.88%] -

What are the sizes of the different bags? I only know Malibu to be selling or giving away one size bag.

Maybe if I had a few dealers jump in and help with large orders then both of our prices may go down.

<--didn't even know there was a bag for the LSV (mine's a 2004) and don't have a bag. I'm in Japan until the 22nd and when I come back I can surely measure up my space, but if someone else already has the comparison it might be faster.

Currently have stock one, can you please explain the difference between the two? Better materials? Pics?

Holding ice for 24 hours in 120 degree temperature? Sounds great, but seriously? Almost sounds too good to be true.

I'm interested, but want some more details.... Please.

The more people that know the better odds we have of this deal happening.

Their is no logo (keeps the cost down) on the coolers to make it simple and for any brand of boat owner to order.

Did your boat come with a Malibu cooler?

Yep, it came with one-fits behind the the driver seat.

It might be helpful if there was a list of boats this would fit. I know if wouldn't fit my old XTi, but I'm not sure if it will fit a VTX. Clearly, Malibu doesn't have one style of cooler so this may not be a one-size fits all cooler.

Currently have stock one, can you please explain the difference between the two? Better materials? Pics?

Holding ice for 24 hours in 120 degree temperature? Sounds great, but seriously? Almost sounds too good to be true.

I'm interested, but want some more details.... Please.

Have you looked at the AO Coolers website yet? http://www.aocoolers.com/ Or Google "AO Cooler reviews". Tough to believe, but true in my experience..... well, maybe not to 120, but we've tested my backpack to 100+ & it kept ice well into the 2nd day. I can get an 18 pack of beer cans, plus ice in it. And the stuff is durable...... after 4 yrs of using it, it has no tears, inside or out. My stock Malibu cooler has several rips & tears in it... probably from carrying it overloaded with drinks & ice, which I do with the AO backpack all the time too. Their warranty is lifetime on the liner & main zipper...... and I'd be willing to bet they don't have many claims.

Their very popular in the off-road crowd, guys into Jeeps, motorcycles, ATVs, etc. Because their tough. And soft padded so their easy to pack & collapse to 1/2 their size when empty. I've literally filled mine with my laptop & electronics to fly across the country, pack it on the plane with me. Then unpack the gear & fill it with beer & ice when I get to my location, use it all week as a cooler, then dry it out & pack it full of electronics for the trip on the plane home. This worked for the backpack, but I doubt it would work for this one as it will be sort of an odd shape for it.

It might be helpful if there was a list of boats this would fit. I know if wouldn't fit my old XTi, but I'm not sure if it will fit a VTX. Clearly, Malibu doesn't have one style of cooler so this may not be a one-size fits all cooler.

I've seen quite a few of the stock Malibu coolers & they have always been one size. I believe the cooler compartment in the XTI was in the back port side corner seat. In the VTX, it's the seat just behind the driver.

BTW, I am not gaining anything on this, other than the same break on the price we all get by doing the purchase in a group. I'm just a happy user. I've owned plenty of other soft coolers & had the same experience as anyone else.... a year or two & the liner rips or the zipper rips out. But the AO is not even in the same league.

Edited by Bill_AirJunky

I have the XTI which is a different bird anyway. The cooler is a different size and shape. This may still kind of work, I'm going to check the dimensions.

Bought an AO cooler after reading about it on this site. Love it. Crazy how long it keeps stuff cold. After using it last fall, bought 3 for friends for Christmas gifts. At the price Greg is quoting, you won't regret it. Rob

I'm in for one.

For what it is worth, I measured my stock cooler today (2011 23 LSV) and it is approx 24" x 15" x 8". The GB cooler at 24" x 14" x 7" is good enough for me.

I took a couple pics of my backpack this evening. Maybe it'll give some of you an idea of what we'll end up with. This is their Carbon series... has sort of a carbon fiber texture to it. But the liner is the same as all their coolers. It's got 10 beers & 4 waters in it & it's about 1/2 full.

AJcooler.jpg