Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Group Buy, Custom Cooler for Under the Seat.

D-GOOSE

Custom replacement cooler  

191 members have voted

1. 1. Will you 100% buy a custom cooler when/if the GB happens.

• Yes, I'm 100% in. Cost about $70 plus shipping.
    • No. I might but can not commit all the way

Did anyone see the Stow n go at the AO booth at the LA Boat show? I was talking to the rep and they had it on display. Should've taken a picture. She said it was the one made and name by the MalibuCrew. I was tempted to buy it there as it was right in front of me, but didn't ask a price. She said ours should be in stock in about two weeks! Can't wait

Yep they had four shipped ASAP just for two of the boat shows and I was waiting to see if anyone had seen them. Sorry but even if you wanted to buy them at the show you could not have as they only had a few just for display. We (TheMalibuCrew) will be the first to order. That looks like next week.

Insert TMC in place of customers.

• Like 2

http://www.alliancewake.com/wake/ao-coolers-stow-n-go-cooler/

STOW-N-GO-COOLER

AO Coolers would like to introduce our new STOW-N-GO COOLER.

At AO Coolers we listen to what TheMalibuCrew wants. TheMalibuCrew have asked for a cooler that wasn’t so tall, so they could store it under seats or in tight spots.

With help from some of TheMalibuCrew, we’ve designed a cooler that will fit in those not so tall, tight places.

The dimensions are 8.5 Tall x 23 Long x 15 Wide

It will hold 38 cans plus 14 lbs of ice

The height allows TheMalibuCrew to use the cooler where other taller coolers won’t fit.

Whether you have a ski boat, fishing boat, off-road vehicle, or RV.

Our new STOW-N-GO COOLER will fit where the competition doesn’t.

And like always, our coolers are guaranteed not to leak, and hold ice longer then any other soft cooler.

For more info check out www.aocoolers.com

----------------

Fixed it.

I assume it will be the same quality of their other models, which have received rave reviews. Per the AO website:

"Our coolers are guaranteed to never leak or sweat because of our high quality vinyl liner, the same material used to make waterbeds and above ground pools. The inner insulation is three-quarters of an inch thick, high-density, closed cell foam. The combination creates a cooler that will hold ice for 24 hours in 120-degree heat. With our soft exterior, it won’t scratch up your gel coat or tear up any upholstery.

Because of our confidence in this product we guarantee the coolers for life. If it ever leaks we’ll replace the liner. Tested, used, and sold by many of the performance boating industries and top manufacturers. This cooler will be the best cooler you will ever purchase."

My stock Malibu cooler didn't last the first summer. Have been using the AO coolers the last two years and their liner is NOTHING LIKE the stock Malibu cooler. My AO coolers are still like new.

I will be ordering two. Thanks D-GOOSE for setting this up.

Kris

• Like 2

Hey do you think these will last longer then my stock Malibu one, The entire vinyl inside has cracked, Looks similar??

I bought an AO Cooler backpack around the same time as buying the boat (and getting the Malibu seat cooler in it), so their roughly the same age.... around 5 yrs old. We use the backpack cooler all year long. And the Malibu cooler only goin on the boat. The liner in the Malibu cooler is ripped several times & it's always leaked like crazy.

But the AO backpack is in great shape. I did have to patch the liner once after it was like 4 yrs old. Cooler water was leaking thru the liner into the insulation. They sent me a patch kit for the price of postage, I dried it out for a few days, patched the hole & it's never leaked again since.

I have left beers & ice in the AO backpack over a couple of days numerous times. After sitting in the garage for more than 30 hrs, the thing still had ice in it.

I'm telling all my boat owner buddies about it..... even the guys with Tiges & Centurion's. :rofl:

Edited by Bill_AirJunky

I will be ordering two. Thanks D-GOOSE for setting this up.

Yeah, I'm going to double up too...hydration is a safety issue! :)

Again, many thanks to D-Goose for this VERY successful group buy. :cheers:

Yeah, I'm going to double up too...hydration is a safety issue! :)

Again, many thanks to D-Goose for this VERY successful group buy. :cheers:

For the discount we will be receiving you will want to double up.

Will they ship to Canada? If so I'm in.

Thanks

I don't see why they wouldn't. Just not sure how they ship but will ask if they can ship USPS.

If I say yes when will AO ship these coolers out? Will all the orders be individual and we will just have a discount code to enter at AO website? How will the actual purchase work?

I have been following this thread and it has taken over a year to get done. I just want to know if I will have a new cooler for boating season if I say yes to purchasing.

I would be in for 2 depending on the time line. I would like to order ASAP.

One more thing on the liners of the Malibu vs. AO. On the Malibu cooler the liner has numerous seams so the liner is roughly the same shape as the cooler. The seam is where my Malibu cooler liner failed and is now leaking. Because of the seam it is pretty much impossible to patch. On my AO cooler the liner (aside from being really thick) is more like a big bag without seams so if it ever does leak it should be easy to patch.

• Like 2

I'm in if it can be shipped to Australia

wheelman, on 14 Feb 2013 - 15:28, said:snapback.png

Will they ship to Canada? If so I'm in.

Thanks

If they want let me know and I will buy them and ship them to you. No extra cost you just pay for the cooler and the shipping. I may want to come to Australia one day and use your cooler SORRY Canada I will just help you out. :tease1: LOL

If I say yes when will AO ship these coolers out? Will all the orders be individual and we will just have a discount code to enter at AO website? How will the actual purchase work?

I have been following this thread and it has taken over a year to get done. I just want to know if I will have a new cooler for boating season if I say yes to purchasing.

I would be in for 2 depending on the time line. I would like to order ASAP.

• shipping should happen before mid March.
  • All orders are individual with a code on the website giving in the personal PM. Once I have all the details.
  • The coolers are in the states and the GB thread will start next week.

I'm in if it can be shipped to Australia

I'll check. If not I'm sure we can work something out.

• Like 1

I'm in for the Cooler, just curious if it goes In the drainable ice chest behind the driver on a 2011 VLX?

I believe the original intent was yes, it's supposed to be the same size & shape as the OEM cooler bag so it fits in the cooler in all our boats. I believe all the VLXs have a larger cooler, but the bag easily fits in it. The LSVs & XTIs typically have just enough room for the cooler bag.

In the end, AO is most likely marketing this cooler bag to other boat owners too. Assuming it's as durable & leakproof as my other AO cooler, it should sit under the seat of almost ANY boat & not leak at all.

I believe the latest word we were told is that they should be available sometime early next week.

Yep Bill has the facts right. The cooler is a little larger then a Malibu OEM cooler. This gives more room for drinks and ice. Also being a soft side cooler it will fit under any seat, just don't add so much ice.

Please look at POST 1 for all details and pics. This is always a good idea for any thread that holds changing info.

Wed 2/27/13 will be start of the GB and I'll start up a new thread and PM people who has voted YES.

The buy will last for three weeks so don't miss out.

• Like 1