Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Group Buy, Custom Cooler for Under the Seat.

D-GOOSE

Custom replacement cooler  

191 members have voted

1. 1. Will you 100% buy a custom cooler when/if the GB happens.

• Yes, I'm 100% in. Cost about $70 plus shipping.
    • No. I might but can not commit all the way

Darn, it was on my list to measure my spotter seat cooler on the Echelon. Won't be back there till Sunday. Pretty sure it is a bit shallow, but the cooler will squish down a bit, right? Does anyone know if this will fit under the Echelon spotter seat?

Mine leaks thru the zipper. But the zipper is part of their guarentee.

i called them, the zippers are guaranteed against failure, but not against leaking, they will leak water as they are water resistant not water proof. Am going to order a 12 pack version to see how good it really is.

i called them, the zippers are guaranteed against failure, but not against leaking, they will leak water as they are water resistant not water proof. Am going to order a 12 pack version to see how good it really is.

I think I have a brand new 12 pack cooler I never used. If you PM me maybe we can make a deal.

Do we have the numbers yet?

Also, when we are hanging out off the back of the boat we will put the cooler on the swim platform so that we dont have to keep getting in and out of the boat.

Does anyone one use this cooler that way? Any pro's or con's?

Edited by srintx

Do we have the numbers yet?

Also, when we are hanging out off the back of the boat we will put the cooler on the swim platform so that we dont have to keep getting in and out of the boat.

Does anyone one use this cooler that way? Any pro's or con's?

Just don't forget to bring it back in before you take off... that could be a tragic loss of good beverage!

I bought a bunch of these coolers for client give-aways. Got them to embroider the firm name on them. They look great and work as advertised. No leaking, no sweating. Keeps your stuff cold all day much better than other soft-side coolers. I've got the 12-pack and the 48-pack sizes. The 48-pack is huge. I could fit my 4-year old son in one. It has enough room for all day on the boat. The 12-pack is good for short trips especially if you just use freezer packs instead of ice.

I use a 24 pack behind the observers seat and a 36 in the rear locker by the motor. After two days of over 100 degree temps the one behind the observers seat still had ice in it. The one in the locker by the hot engine kept ice all day but not for two days. Theatre the best cores I have ever used. The zipper isn't going to leak if the cooler is p right even if sloshing around, if the cooler falls over you will get some leaking. These coolers are really well built.

Please count me in for one. I have been using AO coolers for years and they are very durable. Thanks for taking the iniative on this...the Malibu factory cooler lasted maybe a week for me and then started leaking

• 2 weeks later...
All the wheels are in motion and will happen. I'm working on making the crew the very first orders.

Awesome, thanks for doing this Greg!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Always a good idea to look at the first few post of a GB thread, as it will have most of the info.

As most of you know I have been working on a custom coolerthat is similar to the factory Malibu cooler but, one that will actually hold ice and not leak.

In order to keep the cost down we will need 120 orders and if we fall short the price go's up fast.

Details Need 120 orders.

• Vote yes ONLY if your 100% going to buy a cooler.
  • Price will be about $70 plus shipping.
  • Similar in shape as a factory Malibu cooler.
  • Order date will be 8 weeks after we have 120 confirmed orders. Most likely this fall to winter if it happens.
  • If you vote yes, I will be holding you to it.
  • Color black.

Thanks to Airjunky I have asked that the top of the cooler have a pocket with a small piece of Velcro to it closed. This would be a great place for keys, wallet, faceplate or napkins.

Cooler Specs

AO coolers are guaranteed to never leak or sweat because of our high quality vinyl liner, the same material used to make waterbeds and above ground pools. The inner insulation is three-quarters of an inch thick, high-density, closed cell foam. The combination creates a cooler that will hold ice for 24 hours in 120-degree heat. With our soft exterior, it won’t scratch up your gel coat or tear up any upholstery

Size will be ABOUT Bag measures 24" long 14" widees 7" tall