Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

08 VLX refurb....

BumbleBee

I've got a couple posts going at present about couple different areas in my refurb of my 08 VLX.

This on is asking for your input..... While I've gone to trouble of pulling every seat out for recovering, including the dash....

I'm going to get into tidying up some of the wiring, heat shrinking over the exposed wiring for additional speaks that are tucked up under the tower and up front in the bow.

Pulling out the frame work in the engine bay, give it a rub down and fresh paint, then add some foam tape sort of thing around where warmer tray sits.

Relocate the hinge on the esky seat/lid like the 2010 model, so seat fold inward not forward.

Was thinking of tinting the windscreen ?

Thinking about an extra sub. May be build into a custom box where drivers seat sit on top ? Any ideas ?

So anything you ever thought of doing if you ever striped your boat down, please right it here.....

Rob

• 3 weeks later...

Ok well I thought some of you would have some ideas to throw around for my refurb....

Heres what I've been up to so far....

Seats, sun deck & dash have been removed and recovered with a new color scheme throughout.

LED lighting has been added in the bottom of the cup holders, behind the blower vents on each corner, in the cooler box and behind the "WakeSetter" chrome emblems on the tower, also thinking of some in the vents just under the windscreen.

The frame around the engine bay is coming out for a rub down then spray paint and to finish it off some of that "seadeck" foam to stop warming tray rubbing off the new paint.

Thanks to advice from Dave & earmark, the stereo & amp has been rewired.

The towers coming off to be striped then sprayed with a new color scheme to match the boat (black & yellow) along with the speaker cans.

Coming up with custom mount for drivers seat.

If some be can tell me how to up load photos, I'd be happy to post some when shes all finished.

Sounds like it is coming along pretty well. To link some photos, just go to Photobucket or another web picture hosting site. And then you would just add the link to your post on the crew. Good luck and let us see the progress.

Sounds like it is coming along pretty well. To link some photos, just go to Photobucket or another web picture hosting site. And then you would just add the link to your post on the crew. Good luck and let us see the progress.

You want to copy the IMA code...

• 1 month later...

Hey Bumblebee, Ive purchased a 06 vlx that the previous owner has torn down and failed to put back together :( I was wondering if you could email me pics of your refurb.... in hopes that it may help me put mine back together again ? Little lost at where things go .... and the way hoses and wires are directed.

Thanks

Hey Bumblebee, Ive purchased a 06 vlx that the previous owner has torn down and failed to put back together :( I was wondering if you could email me pics of your refurb.... in hopes that it may help me put mine back together again ? Little lost at where things go .... and the way hoses and wires are directed.

Thanks

You should just sell that to me. You know avoid all that stress of trying to figure it out. :). Really though as far as I'm concerned you found the holy grail. This is the boat I wish I could find. But they are rare.