Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

WakeMakers Piggyback Install Questions

Phoenix

Hi All,

I am onto my second set of piggyback ballasts from WakeMakers (first set were for pre-2012 Wakesetters), and I have a couple of questions.

• First off, does anyone have instructions for the 2012 piggyback system? After messages and a phone call to WakeMakers, I still don't have a set of instructions for all the hoses and parts they sent me :Frustrated:
  • Second, where have you routed your hoses? From my perspective, it looks like I would need to cut holes in my engine compartment dividers, and I'm a little hesitant to do that in case I need to remove it.

Thanks for your help,

Don

Instructions have been sent. Sorry for the delay. I had to change the instructions. I have done two installations so if anything comes up let me know.

In the 2012 Malibu I run fill and vent hoses behind the front wall. With this said it is a little harder than it used to be now that they use the larger hose. As for the bottom hose I run that up from the tank access panel or drill a hole to run the hose through.

Again I am sorry for the delay. Have fun on the water.

Thanks,

• 1 month later...

Did you guys get this rig up? If so does it work good with the 2012s?

I did, and about to modify it today. I have another thread going, but will probably start a new one to show some changes (with pictures).

Give me until tomorrow to get something started.

Don

Ok, thanks, I just ordered the piggyback from wakemakers and I am going to try it on one side and if it works good enough I will put it on both sides. Just don't want to spend the money on independent systems right now.