Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

XM9's REV10's, or PRO80's

wakesetter8796

Ok, first off, I don't want to start a big hype, but I just want to know, in terms of output and sound quality, which of these three would be the best for the money? We wakeboard and tube, don't really wake surf. We cruise around with the stereo on sometimes. I don't want an "in your face harshness" like the titans I have when you turn them up. I am looking for sound quality at 80 feet back, but I want to hear it clearly.

Thanks

Hands down it's best to listen to them both. It might be time for "a road trip" to find a dealer.

Maybe, I don't know of any dealers near or in TN though.

You'll get the typical answers to this question depending on what people own. Really need to take a listen qith your own ears and decide, don't let someone else's ears decide for you.

• Like 1

I was fortunate enough to hear all 3 of those options back to back to back.

The XM9's and Pro 80's sound the same to me. The REV 10's had a much smoother and less earpiercing quality with equal or better volume output.

You don't mean to start hype, but this thread will inevitably end up in the same he said, she said situation. There will probably be someone else with another opinion...but my experience has been that they have not had the same opportunity to hear them together in the same conditions.

Honestly, you would be happy with any of them, and I bet some Pro 80's could be had for significantly less money and a less expensive amp to drive them.

You are in the same spot as me! In fact, you just recommended me the Rev10's!!

Well, that was against the Icons, lol.

From what I hear, no pun intended, the revs have a smooth sound, the pro80s have a harsher sound, they are pure power. Is there a package that includes 2 rev10s and an amp like the xm9 package 1?

You really need too listen to both. I personally would go with the Xm9 Harpoon set I listened to the Rev 10s ata boat show and didn't like the sound and they are huge (have no idea if the boat had a bad tune job which is another huge player). Again just to my ear... As you will find its very much up to what you like.

Edited by Gaffster01
  • Like 1

Well, that was against the Icons, lol.

From what I hear, no pun intended, the revs have a smooth sound, the pro80s have a harsher sound, they are pure power. Is there a package that includes 2 rev10s and an amp like the xm9 package 1?

Wetsounds has specific amps that were created for the speakers. Depending on how many units you have. They have good customer service and are able to answer these sorts of questions.

I bet both of those companies would allow you to try them out, and send them back if you are dissatisfied, then you would only be out the shipping costs.

On a side note, I think the XM9's look better, and the quick release is a little slicker.

• Like 1

Have you checked with TNT Watersports in Hendersonville?

Yeah, our boat was just over there. I wanted them to put the sxt65's on the new boat, but they didn't think it was a good idea. They don't stock aftermarket stereo equipment I don't think. They love the factory Titan speakers and that's all they recommend.

i have had both exile and wetsounds. they both rock, the xm seriers have the best swivel, quick release system out, the wetsounds have (to me a warmer tone) both rock, both are top notch, its like bmw or mercedes. I wanted white cans that match my tower and all the inboats and subs where already wetsounds so i went with 4 rev10's. my last boat was all exile. most bu guys lean towards exile and thats cool too. I dont have my malibu anymore (centurion enzo 23 and now a new 244) so it if funny, but the on centurion crew there is a following with wetsounds not sure why, but they both have killer service, take every step to make the customer happy and back there systems to the fullest extent. good luck

• Like 1

i have had both exile and wetsounds. they both rock, the xm seriers have the best swivel, quick release system out, the wetsounds have (to me a warmer tone) both rock, both are top notch, its like bmw or mercedes. I wanted white cans that match my tower and all the inboats and subs where already wetsounds so i went with 4 rev10's. my last boat was all exile. most bu guys lean towards exile and thats cool too. I dont have my malibu anymore (centurion enzo 23 and now a new 244) so it if funny, but the on centurion crew there is a following with wetsounds not sure why, but they both have killer service, take every step to make the customer happy and back there systems to the fullest extent. good luck

Just a guess, but there are a lot of members here from the same locale as Exile.

I haven't heard Rev10's yet so can't comment there, but IMO, the XM9s were a pretty significant upgarde over the Pro 80s I had on my last boat, I'm sure Wetsounds stepped up their game with the Rev10s though too, hopefully I'll hear my buddy's new setup this weekend and be able to chime in with an un-biased opinion for you...

You'll get the typical answers to this question depending on what people own. Really need to take a listen qith your own ears and decide, don't let someone else's ears decide for you.

Couldn't agree more. The worst people to ask about equipment are ones that own it. Always biased. Let your own ears decide. You reference Sound Quality which is subjective, might as well let it be your subjectivity.

I think Exile has a 30 day demo program. Give Brian or Rob a call over there they are great guys and will help you out. Not sure if WetSounds has the same program....

Yeah, our boat was just over there. I wanted them to put the sxt65's on the new boat, but they didn't think it was a good idea. They don't stock aftermarket stereo equipment I don't think. They love the factory Titan speakers and that's all they recommend.

Yeah you should see their profit margin on those things, there is a reason they love them so much...

To actually get true sound quality you need to listen to them while riding behind the boat. Speakers always sound better sitting on a trailer with no wind, engine noise, etc... I always laugh at the videos people put out with there new system on a trailer at 100+ feet away. It's not realistic and nothing compared to how it sounds while boarding behind the boat. Also how people power them will change the quality of sound.

As others mentioned you can't go wrong with exile or wetsounds... both produce a very nice product.

I think Exile has a 30 day demo program. Give Brian or Rob a call over there they are great guys and will help you out. Not sure if WetSounds has the same program....

If i was the number one tower speaker seller and had deals with Malibu and Tige....I wouldn't offer a 30 day demo program either. A 30 day demo program is a fit for exile, being that they are trying to gain market share and a the new kids on the block when it comes to tower speakers.

Just go and listen - don't base your decision on anything else but how they sound to you.

Edited by Murphy8166