Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Installing Wakemakers Piggy back system

TheBoy82

I just got the hoses and fittings today. The sacks (565lb) were shipped to me last week so I tried them out filling them with the pump over the side of the boat. I couldn't be happier with the wake. Anyways, the directions state that I can remove the access panel thats inside the rear locker to get to the fill and drain ports on the factory tank. Well, there is a access panel, but it seems like mine is either glued down or I'm just not finding the screws. So my question is, am I correct in guessing that the access panel is glued and I'll have to remove the floor panel in each locker or are the screws that small and they are buried in the carpet? Thanks for all the help so far, this place is great! -P.J.

This is an '05 Wakesetter VLX

Here is a pic of what I mean

photo.jpg

You should be able to find screws buried in the carpet. They are the standard stainless #2 screws but they get lost in the carpet pretty easily. You should be able to find two of them holding down that small raised up panel.

Well after about 30 minutes of searching for screws I gave up.. :lol:

I decided to pull the floor panel which wasn't as big of a project than I thought it would be. I almost have one side finished. I'll post some pics later. Thanks for the info.

I put in my "piggy back" sacks a couple of years ago, but changed the way Wakemakers had the plumbing. I didn't like the way the water had to drain from the 1100# sack into factory tank because it was to slow and the factory tank would drain first and the pump then would cavitate. To fix the problem I change the drain fitting on the sack from a 3/4" to a 1" and hooked it up to the drain pump with a 3/4"x1"x1" tee between the factory tank and pump. Now my sack drains and then the factory tank, works great if I go from surfing to wakeboarding because now I don't have to refill the tank because it did not drain before the sack. With this setup my drain time it less also. If I don't have my sacks hooked in, I use plugs in the quick connect fittings and I'm back to all factory workings. Good luck with the great big wake and have fun.

I put in my "piggy back" sacks a couple of years ago, but changed the way Wakemakers had the plumbing. I didn't like the way the water had to drain from the 1100# sack into factory tank because it was to slow and the factory tank would drain first and the pump then would cavitate. To fix the problem I change the drain fitting on the sack from a 3/4" to a 1" and hooked it up to the drain pump with a 3/4"x1"x1" tee between the factory tank and pump. Now my sack drains and then the factory tank, works great if I go from surfing to wakeboarding because now I don't have to refill the tank because it did not drain before the sack. With this setup my drain time it less also. If I don't have my sacks hooked in, I use plugs in the quick connect fittings and I'm back to all factory workings. Good luck with the great big wake and have fun.

Same thing happened on my buddies A22. I think I'm going to deal with it for now. I have a friend that is going sell me some "gently used" Tsunami pumps for a steal towards the end of the season, he wants to change over to impeller pumps. Then I'll plumb in the tsunami's as separate drain pumps for the sacks.

Pics will be coming I promise...Margaritas happened after work last night so I wasn't very motivated to work

Edited by TheBoy82