Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2000 23LSV WAKE HELP

BG2085

I have not been real happy with the wake my boat throws....i didnt research the boat before buying but now i know the diamond hull and the 23 dont produce a good wake unless heavily weighted. I thought i had the problem solved today because there is a 02 super air team addition for sale locally....had my boat sold, went and looked at the boat and HIT THE BRAKES~!!!!! The boat was much smaller than i thought it would be, seats seemed cheap, storage was wasted and i was overall completely unimpressed with how the boat was put together. I know the boat throws an unreal wake but it would simply not suit the family style boating we do. So im back tickled pink with my 23 lsv but the problem remains. Im going to install my own plumbed ballast system...anyone recommend weighting for this boat or recommend a kit from bakes or anyone else? I want plumbed rear sacs only. thanks guys

You can make a monster wake with that boat but as you said you will need more weight. First do you have a wedge? I have a 2002 Lsv and i can surf easily with 750 in the surf side locker and the ski locker bag with the wedge down. All my ballast is plumbed but I am adding a few fat sacs this year to make the wake bigger.

You can make a monster wake with that boat but as you said you will need more weight. First do you have a wedge? I have a 2002 Lsv and i can surf easily with 750 in the surf side locker and the ski locker bag with the wedge down. All my ballast is plumbed but I am adding a few fat sacs this year to make the wake bigger.

unfortunately boat does not have a wedge

Then I would go for the 1100 pound bag in the surf locker. Also a sack for on the seat of the surf side and one for the floor.

i will eventually, but right now i just want to automate both rear sides with 600-800lb sacs. trying to decide between a jabsco rev pump or regular aerator pumps. Are there any cheaper reversable pumps out there that can be used?

I have the same boat and am just finishing the install of two 1100 sacks in the rear trunks. The 1100's fit really well and are a real upgrade from the 750's. I went with johnson pumps and used the two factory accessory switches to control them. I'm going to finish up this week and will post picks. I've been super happy with the wake. I think the wedge makes a big difference though. I also leave the ski locker sack full...boat rides better in chop with it full.

I have the same boat and am just finishing the install of two 1100 sacks in the rear trunks. The 1100's fit really well and are a real upgrade from the 750's. I went with johnson pumps and used the two factory accessory switches to control them. I'm going to finish up this week and will post picks. I've been super happy with the wake. I think the wedge makes a big difference though. I also leave the ski locker sack full...boat rides better in chop with it full.

great info.....how much weight do you have in the ski locker? im thinking it will hold 450-500 max? How much you guys think a wedge and wedge plate would cost? Got any pics of the wake?

Edited by BG2085