Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Babes VS Boat Bling with poll

mainekneeboarder

33 members have voted

1. 1. Boat Bling vinyl sauce VS Babes seat soap

• Vinyl sauce
    • Seat soap
    • Other, only if you have tried both previous
  2. 2. Boat Bling quickie sauce VS Babes boat bright

• Quickie sauce
    • Boat bright
    • Other, only if you have tried both previous
  3. 3. Boat Bling condition sauce VS Babes seat saver

• Condition sauce
    • Seat saver
    • 303 Protectant
    • Other, if you have tried all others listed.
  4. 4. Boat Bling hot sauce VS Babes spot solver

• Hot sauce
    • Spot solver
    • Other, only if you have tried both.

Yes I know this has been done a few times BUT, I was just getting ready to order a couple gallons of Babes and noticed the group buy on Boat Bling. I have gone back thru the threads that have discussed the two, but they get a little confusing when people start throwing out other brands, and saying they prefer one over the other, but then say they haven't tried the other. Please comment only if you have tried both! I have used Babes and am happy with it but have never tried Boat bling, I think its great to have a group of people that have knowledge on a lot of this stuff and hope everyone gives an honest opinion. I know everyone is different, and what someone likes, another may not. So if you have tried both, please give your opinion and maybe why, but lets try to keep Brand loyalty to a minimum.

I started a poll, I threw in 303 because I think alot of people prefer that, I use both the 303 and seat saver just because I think I like the 303 a bit better but still have some seat soap left, which ever ones closest I use. I do keep the Babes stuff in the opening beside the seat on our boat and they fit nicely, Boat Bling says they are a Quart bottle, I don't think the bigger bottle will fit in there, Is the Boat Bling bottle bigger around?

Mods, If I have done something wrong with the poll please let me know.

Edited by mainekneeboarder

I thought the hot sauce was more like the water spot remover, more like Babes spot remover? Should this be changed?

BABE'S Boat Bright shim.gif Spray Wax Cleaner shim.gif BABE'S Boat Bright is a non-abrasive formula designed to clean and protect your boat's surface. Boat Bright enhances the finish of your boat by applying a light wax surface plus a UV protectant. No pre-washing necessary. Simply spray a light mist on the surface and wipe off with a clean towel. BABE'S Boat Bright can be used on gelcoat, metal, glass or vinyl surfaces.

BABE'S Boat Bright is formulated to create a water repellant barrier on surfaces causing the water to roll right off. This barrier reduces water spotting by keeping minerals from sitting on surface. The repellant also adds a mar-resistant coating that minimizes scratches. And, the UV protectant helps to protect your boat from oxidation and fading.

Quickie Sauce

Premium "Quickie" Cleaner

Everyone likes great results in a shorter amount of time. With that said, this product was created for you.

What you need to know:

- Pure Wax – Easy to spray, simple to wipe off

- Provides superior protection from the environmental elements

- Perfect for all fiberglass and painted surfaces

- Safe on vinyl moldings and decals

- Wax content lasts up to 8 weeks

- Perfect to use between your bi-annual waxes

- Spray on, Rub in, Wipe off Application

- Available in Quart (32oz) Bottles

BABE'S Spot Solver shim.gif Water Spot Remover shim.gifBABE'S Spot Solver is specifically developed to remove hard water spots caused from mineral build-up. Spot Solver is environmentally safe, non-abrasive solution designed for all gelcoat, glass and chrome surfaces.

We recommend using protective gloves when using Spot Solver. Spray a light mist directly on surface of the area that requires treatment. Leave for up to 1 minute and wipe with damp towel. BABE'S Spot Solver continues to work as it sets on spots. Spot Solver should not be used on surfaces other than specified. Follow with BABE'S Boat Bright for ultimate performance and protection. Wow!

Hot Sauce

Premium Hard Water Spot Remover

This is the flagship product of the Sauce line. Sure, you can say you

have tried it all, but once you try HOT Sauce, you’re old products will just begin to

collect dust on your shelves.

What you need to know:

- Removes hard water spots and mineral deposits

- Safe, soft water based detailer with specialty Polymer waxes

- Will NOT strip your current wax, adds additional wax with each use

- Designed for Fiberglass, Plastic, Chrome, Glass and all painted surfaces

- Spray on, wipe off Application

- Available in Quart (32oz), Gallon (128oz) Bottles and 5 Gallon (640oz)

Edited by mainekneeboarder

You are going to get a lot of opinions. I would mostly believe and trust folks who have done both.

I cannot say enough about the hot sauce vs. babe's. I loved Babe's...until I tried the Boat Bling Hot Sauce. The Hot Sauce has been far superior for me at getting spots off and stopping them from forming. The more you use it, the better the boat looks. It is at the point now that I look down my nose at folks still using Babe's, knowing how behind the times they are...J/K, but you get the idea.

I like the vinyl sauce, but I have bought in wholeheartedly into the 303 protectant thing. So I use Vinyl sauce when I am serious about cleaning, but 303 for the quick wipedown on the ramp. 303 will not clean, but the vinyl sauce and a brush is as good as anything (and I have tried many) for the deep cleaning episodes.

I've used both products for cleaning the vinyl and water spots off the hull. Given the hard water spots that I would get at one lake Boat Blings Hot Sauce did a fantastic job of removing them where Babes didn't make a dent. The only other method that worked was 100 vinegar but BB and vinegar both required some elbow grease but not bad.

In terms of the other products I didn't see any differences between the brands to be honest and wold buy which ever is cheaper at the time.

Didn't have good experience with the Rat Juice. Product did not provide protection of Babes. Always clogged the sprayer and smelled bad. We ended up throwing it out and referring to it as the rat a** experiment.

Didn't have good experience with the Rat Juice. Product did not provide protection of Babes. Always clogged the sprayer and smelled bad. We ended up throwing it out and referring to it as the rat a** experiment.

Interesting. I had gotten a sample bottle at the No Wake beach party back in 2010 and it seemed to work well. I did notice that they didn't seem to have it in their new shop (unless they haven't unpacked it yet). If they don't have it, I'll go back to Babe's. Always had good luck with it as well.

Quickie Sauce is a like a spray liquid wax. I have never wiped my boat down with quickie sauce....IMO it would be better to compare boat bright to hot sauce since they do basically the same thing and are made to wipe the boat down. IMO boat bright cleans a little better and smells better, but the wax build up leaves your boat prone to waterspots! Hot sauce doesn't clean as well, but it works better on waterspots than boat bright (how that is possible, I don't know). Hot sauce leaves a better shine!

I use babes boat bubbles to wash any road/lake grime off, then I go to work with the boat bling products. Am I a renegade for using both products on top of eachother? Maybe... In my opinion, it all works. Babes is a very nice product and I can't find a bad thing to say about it. I choose boat bling for the ease of use and the variety of package deals available on their site.

martinarcher

I've been a fan of Babes stuff. I got a sample of the Hot Sauce and tried it and am not a fan of the vinegar smell and the way it strips the wax off my boat. Our water isn't super hard so simply using Collinites wax and wiping the boat down with an Absorber at the end of the day keeps it very shiny. If I detail the boat it gets Boat Bright....that stuff is great and adds a nice shine and a layer of protection to the boat....not stripping off my wax.

I got a bucket of Babes for Christmas so I'll be trying it on the rest of the boat this year. :thumbup:

Hot Sauce never strips my wax, in fact it has wax in it. He says it doesn't have vinegar in it but it does have some of the same make up. It smells a little like vinegar to me. The old 50/50 vinegar & water would definitely strip the wax. I've never tried Babes but I do use the Boat Bling products and we get crazy water spots here on the Brazos. Hot Sauce wipes them right off. I used to use the 303 on the vinyl but don't like the way it tracks onto our surfboards. The 303 is pretty slick and since we usually stack the surfboards on the rear deck instead of in racks it will pick up that 303 onto the boards and make them slick when riding them.

I have a black boat so the water spot issue is most important. I have used both hard spot removers and I think the hot sauce works the best for me. seems to come off easier and faster when we have limited time to wipe down. if I'm not In a rush The babes spot remover works good too